X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chaos unified login: what is this?

As the title says,

What is the Chaos Unified Login?

I can't find any reference to it online, forum or helpdocs. So just curious.

Thanks!

Hello,

The Unified login allows you to log in/out of all Chaos features (Cloud/License server/my.chaosgroup/Cosmos). An example - if you log in to Chaos Cosmos while the Unified log in is active, you will be logged in with the same account to all other Chaos features.
    Nikolay Simeonov

Technical Support Representative
    support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

Ah ok, thanks!

Comment

Is it needed on render nodes? It seems to get installed on them, and be running in the background. Don't the render nodes just pull their vray license form the license server directly? Do we really need more background processes?

Also, do we need the Cosmo stuff running in the background on render nodes?

Comment

The Unified login is installed if you install the Chaos license server. You can exclude the Chaos license server from installing on your render nodes by choosing Advanced installation and unchecking the Chaos license server checkbox. The same applies for Chaos Cosmos - it is not required to run on your render node machines.
          Nikolay Simeonov

support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

OK. I was wondering about that.

It would be nice if the installer had a "Render Node" setting right on the main page that automatically did this. It would also be nice if the installer when updating looked at the existing install and saw that it was a render node and automatically defaulted to the "Render Node" setting. This is how, for instance, iToo's installer works, and it makes upgrading very easy.

So for nodes where these things got installed what is the best procedure to remove them with the next update? If we run the next installer (say from a nightly) and choose Advanced installation and disable the license server as Cosmo will this remove existing license servers and Cosmo installs when updating VRay to the next versions (or nightly)? Updates DO seem to keep the same license server settings, which is good.

Thanks.

Comment

You need to uninstall Chaos Cosmos and the Chaos license server manually. New installations will not remove those components if you uncheck the aforementioned boxes. Updates keep the Chaos license server settings but allow you to choose the type of installation each time you run a new build.
              Nikolay Simeonov

support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

Ok. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I just installed VRay on a fresh render node and I chose advanced, but it didn't seem to give me the option not to install Cosmo or the license server (at least unified login). I chose 3ds Max Render Server for the mode, and I chose Remote for the license server, and entered my license server details, but I see Unified Login is still installed, as is Cosmo Browser.

Did I miss something?

Comment

Apologies for the delayed response. We have indeed overlooked this - at the moment it is not possible to exclude these components from installing even with the Render node option. We will fix this with our next build release.
                    Nikolay Simeonov

support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
                    X