Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best way to use a Renderfarm (Corona Node) without an internet connexion ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best way to use a Renderfarm (Corona Node) without an internet connexion ?

Hello,
    We use 7 licences during the day to work. These 7 licences needs to calculate the night too, but without an internet connexion.
    We bought 10 licences of Renderer Node for our Rederfarm. During the night, the connexion to internet is off.
    So, in fact, we the possibility to use 17 computer four our render each night.
    But, each morning, we saw a problem with the licence (not found) on serveral computers.
    What is the best method to use a Renderfam with the Renderer Node ?
    We tried to borrow the licences but I think it's not the best solution.
    Do you have a correct methode please ?
    Thank you,
    Frank

Hello,

The only way to use Chaos licenses without internet connection is to borrow them for offline use. If you only use Render nodes during the night - the best solution will be to borrow only the render node licenses.
    Nikolay Simeonov

Technical Support Representative
    support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

Ok, thank you.
      Do I have to borrow every 2 weeks ? During the day, the RenderFarm can acces ton internet.

Comment

Hello,

Borrowed licenses will be auto-renewed 3 days before the expiration date, during the day, if you do not release them manually.
        Nikolay Simeonov

support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

Ok, thank you.
          And for the computers outside the Renderfarm (qty 7), I think it's better to use borrow licence too ?
          I can use them during the day and use them fr the render during te night ?

Comment

Hello,

You can choose which machines want to use borrowed licenses. The only thing that you need to have in mind is that borrowed licenses are reserved on the machine that has borrowed them - they will not be available on a different server via online licensing until you release them from the borrowed state.
            Nikolay Simeonov

support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
            X