Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray 5 for sketchup perpetual to vray 6 for sketchup perpetual...too expensive!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 5 for sketchup perpetual to vray 6 for sketchup perpetual...too expensive!!!

Hi

I have been asking today about the price and in the chaos page it says 840 dollars + tax.

With Darco a company here in México who sales vray licence told me that the upgrade for vray 5 perpetual to vray 6 perpetual for sketchup is 840 dollars + tax is 962.00 dollars

Is just simply too expensive, why is the same for vray for max,maya, sketchup and rhyno

Vray for maya and max is a Lot better than vray for sketchup and rhyno.

Is in another league vray for max than vray for sketchup and it is the same price

I paid for the upgrade from vray next to vray 5 perpetual for sketchup almost 650 dollars 2 years ago...right now is 962 dollars is too expensive believe me chaos group is simply too expensive. 300 dollars more than 2 years ago.

I would like to keep My perpetual licence and upgrade to vray 6 perpetual but a decent prices not 962 dollars.

Everything is expensive in these days... But 962 dollars for just a simply upgrade Jesus cristh is too expensive and i don't want to use a suscription for vray for sketchup, i use all the days the software and in the morning, afternoon and sometimes at night.

I complete understand that You need to pay an upgrade to enjoy a new versión of vray, but not at these price 962 dollars it is an insane price, what about 750 dollars bring a least a discount for example 20% for your royality users.

I have been using vray for so long and i remember in the past don't paid too much for a major upgrade 550 or 650 dollars with tax but 962 with tax is a Lot of money

Please consider a better price for vray 6 for sketchup and vray 6 for rhyno.

Vray fur, vray hair material, vray Enviroment fog is Miles away with vray for 3d max and maya than vray for sketchup and vray for rhyno

I want to keep using vray for sketchup and upgrade my licence but a decent price.

962.00 is really a Lot of money!!!

Thanks again
    Best regards Luis Gamino
    Last edited by luisgamino2; 12-10-2022, 05:42 PM.

Looks like they are phasing out perpetual licencing and try to push people into subscription (and partly soften the "loss" of income from people refusing to migrate in the long run and the actual loss from people stopping to upgrade altogether) similar to what Autodesk did.
    Only that the current price hike seems even more sudden and brazen than what that corporation did, if memory serves me right. Autodesk "at least" specified the hikes for multiple years in advance and introduced them gradually. Chaos did also increase their prices quite considerably in the past, but this sudden jump is ridiculous. And one pro forma justification seems to be that there's one licence for all host applications now. Obviously, that's useful only to a very small set of people and the increase detrimental to most.
    Basically, if you weren't interested in the carrot, you are now getting the stick.

Right now, you already can't buy new perpetual versions. That happened even quicker than I thought.
    I wouldn't bet that you still can upgrade a few years down the line, certainly not at a reasonable price. (Yeah, I know, "we have no plans...").
    And all of this is on top of an already increased frequency for full version releases, which was already a form of squeezing more money out of existing customers (Next and 5 could have easily been one version, in my opinion).
    But I guess the market is kind of saturated/shifting and there is more and more maturing competition.

Might be there will be a indie version if enough perpetual owners have migrated.

Personally, while I think there are some nice features in 6, I don't see myself upgrading unless there is e.g. a substantial discount on Black Friday (and I'm not talking 10 or 15%).
    Last edited by bartel; 14-10-2022, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Hi Bartel

I Totally agree with You these seems that they are increasing the price just to push vray users with perpetual licence to suscription.

I really don't like that, Also You really explained better than me what is the new purpose of the suscription.

What is the point using a vray as suscription and using it with, maya, 3d max Even if You don't know how the software works and Also paying another money for other software

For Big companies and comercial companies these can help, but there a Lot of users that only use one computer or one licence to do they work and these is not going to help a Lot of people

I remember in the past paying 500 or 600 dólares already with tax to upgrade my licence from vray 3 to vray next or vray next to vray 5.

But never saw these price 962 dollars with tax, is really too much money.

I don't feel confortable paying these ridiculus price...962 dollars is too much.

I still remember in the past the quiz about perpetual licence, i can't believe that they don't sell perpetual licence, seems that only chaos group won with these new method.

I liked some things about vray 6, but these is not a pretext to increase the price so high.

What i don't like in the suscription is that 1 week or 1 weekend the suscription is going to end and You are not going to be able to use the software until You pay the suscription again.

Also all the time vray for max and maya was more expensive than vray for sketchup. Vray for sketchup was always cheaper than vray for 3d max and vray for maya.

Right now is the same price... They are just playing with custumers... Why right now they have the same price.???!!!

4 days ago i was decided to give a try to vray 6 for sketchup and i had been thinking to upgrade my perpetual licence...then i saw the price i was very upset and really felt sad because it was too expensive.

I couldnt believe the price...so expensive... Instead of trying and enjoing the new vray versión then i said to me... Keep your vray 5 licence than paid 962. Dollars.

Chaos group with these price just scary me than using vray 6.

What is the point here...!!!??? If i like vray 6, i'm going to paid a Lot of money for the upgrade, suscription for me is not an option because i have a perpetual licence i had been paying from 3 to next, from next to 5 and when i want to upgrade from 5 to 6 the upgrade is so expensive than Buy a new licence 1 year ago.

Sorry to Say that, but is the truth, i don't feel confortable paying for an upgrade almost 1000 dollars, is not fair is really expensive.
      Last edited by luisgamino2; 15-10-2022, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X