Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secondary pc for rendering while working on primary - Rhino/Vray-Solo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary pc for rendering while working on primary - Rhino/Vray-Solo?

Hi there,

First time post in this awesome forum. Currently on 1 license of Rhino 7 and Vray 6 Solo, both up to date. Windows 10.

Is it possible with this license setup to have a secondary, networked pc do my rendering (as in transferring the render node that is included in my license), while still using the vray/gui license for modelling on my primary pc/laptop? Or do you need to buy another render node for this, and/or Vray Premium?

Best regards,

Arin
    Arin Petersen - cand. arch.

Laptop: Core i7-9750H - 64 GB Ram -
    DDR4-2667 MHz - 8GB GeForce RTX 2070
    Rhino 7 - 3ds Max - V-Ray 6 - Unreal Engine 5.3 - Autocad 2024 - Windows 10 Home - All up to date.

The second PC needs its own render node license so you will need one if you want to use distributed rendering. The Interface and render node license are both used on your main machine when you are doing stuff with V-Ray and they cannot be separated.
    Kostadin Botev

Technical Support Representative
    Contact Support

Chaos

Comment

Hi Kostadin,

Thanks for clarifying. I thought as much, but got a bit confused by this page on chaos:

https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/a...#regular-login

So just that I understand correctly, getting another render node while keeping my solo plan will suffice for rendering separately on my secondary machine. And to be able to work on it (along with my laptop from time to time), I would need to upgrade to Premium license?

Thanks,

Rhino 7 - 3ds Max - V-Ray 6 - Unreal Engine 5.3 - Autocad 2024 - Windows 10 Home - All up to date.

Comment

Hello arin_petersen

Seems like you're searching the same answer which I did a month ago - can we send an animation to a render node and still use our local machine to work as normal.

Thanks to Aleksandar, he let me know that this is possible via command line. In order to do that, you must export vrscene and then trigger a rendering on second machine with command line.

I just tried this, to answer on your topic, and it seems to work - you can even see second vfb which renders on the second machine. For now I just have one issue - the textures don't load.

Honestly I don't know why this feature is not simplified to 1-click option. DR rendering on 2 machines is fun, but it blocks your work when rendering and also both machines are wasting time to calculate LC and connect to each frame, which drops performance.
        www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

Hi RwVision

Thanks for chipping in. Fairly new to the rendering processes here, and trying to get an overall idea of what's possible

For your setup to work, what else do you need installed on the secondary pc apart from the render node itself? And for the command line input, would I find any specific info on this somewhere?

Thanks again,

Comment

Working...
          X