Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray trial version for Swarm render node tests on remote pc

Hi there,

Short question. Can the Vray trial version be used for Swarm render node tests on a remote pc (not on local network but over internet)?

So far I have managed to get the Swarm connection going, with Vray trial + Swarm + License Server installed on the remote pc. But when using Swarm rendering the remote pc is missing its license, and the separate trial account doesn't seem to provide one (as shown on the License Server web page when logged in). Am I just missing something on setup, as the documentation says the trials inlcude a node as well..?

Best,

Arin
    Arin Petersen - cand. arch.

Laptop: Core i7-9750H - 64 GB Ram -
    DDR4-2667 MHz - 8GB GeForce RTX 2070
    Rhino 7 - 3ds Max - V-Ray 6 - Unreal Engine 5.3 - Autocad 2024 - Windows 10 Home - All up to date.

It will work in the same LAN but not over Internet unless you have a VPN which defeats the purpose of Swarm as its not designed to work in environment with big latency.
    Kostadin Botev

Technical Support Representative
    Contact Support

Chaos

Comment

Hi kostadin.botev,

Thanks for the quick repsonse. I figured that might be the case but haven't tried it away from local network yet.

When having a secondary pc which would be used for rendering only, what setup will be the best so that you can free up your main pc for active work? I was hoping maybe Swarm could do that if you only select that particular pc for the rendering process.

As for the issue with the license which isn't registered on the "remote" pc when I use the swarm (on local lan), would you have any idea why that might be? As mentioned it has a vray trial installed, but the license doesn't show on the license web page when logged in with that account.

Thanks,

Arin

Rhino 7 - 3ds Max - V-Ray 6 - Unreal Engine 5.3 - Autocad 2024 - Windows 10 Home - All up to date.

Comment

Excluding the local machine is not possible with Swarm and it always participates in the rendering. Regarding the licensing make sure that you have a license server installed and activated on the PC where you get the error. The web interface is accessible at http://localhost:30304.
        Kostadin Botev

Contact Support

Chaos

Comment

Hi kostadin.botev,

Managed to get the render working with swarm enabled on the two machines, thanks for the input.

I have one question with regards to the render quality. The render buckets from each machine comes out differently, - one being lighter than the other..?

Vray versions updated and driver (531.41) is the same on both machines. Using RTX (GPU) rendering, and one machine with RTX 2070, the other with an older Geforce GTX 1070.

Best,

Comment

That's a question for our 3d support guys. You can either submit a support ticket and select 3d and rendering help for request type or start a new thread in the relevant V-Ray for the platform you are using section.
            Kostadin Botev

Contact Support

Chaos

Comment

Working...
            X