Absolutely dreadful licencing experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely dreadful licencing experience

I bought a 12 month licence of Corona Solo, however the licence expired and I didnt renew it for a month or two as I had no work in. Today I had some work come in so I tried to renew, and the Chaos website crashed everytime I added a licence to my cart. So I created a new account and bought a new licence at £475 . . . not cheap, especially for something that doesnt work !
    Downloaded the executable with my new £475 purchase . . . installed it . . . lovely green tick. Launched 3DS max . . . No licence found . . . Launch the "Chaos Licence server" which says :

Online licensing
    Use licenses offline
    Connection might be unavailable due to the following reasons:

• Proxy settings are configured incorrectly (Configure) link doesnt work
    • Firewall blocks license server connections
    • Internet connection is unavailable
    For more information about possible solutions to these issues, please visit the documentation page

Ive a bucket load of work to do and Ive spent 3 hours and £475 now trying to get my Corona Files to work with Corona . . . .

Utterly dreadful experience . . .

UPDATE . . . so now Ive uninstalled all my Chaos Software . . . installing again via this "Hotfix" Ive been sent for my £475 and Im going to attempt a re-install . . . and now I wait for my 5.32 Gb download of software . . . again . . . this is so frustrating . .

Why do I not just install a valid key / or code ? something that is simple and would actually work for a customer !

So 30 mins later

Chaos Corona was successfully installed on your computer . . .

Same bloody issue . . . No License detected . . .

So I go into App Data delete some config files . . . I download the licence server 6.0 version . . .

Re-install the Licence server . . .

and I think by sheer force of will . . . and my 4 hour perseverence with this Terrible licencing Format and software . . .

it worked . . . Something needs to change Chaos . . . as your name is becoming very apt . . .

Last edited by jason_ryan; 16-03-2024, 09:40 AM.
Working...
X