No announcement yet.

Online Activation for Render Node licence everytime I use it - VRAY & CORONA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Activation for Render Node licence everytime I use it - VRAY & CORONA

Hi
    Apologies if this has been covered before.
    I have Vray 5 and Corona 11 plus a handful of render node licenses for each. There used to be a way to 'point' the VRAY nodes at the workstation and so long as the workstation was online, it could obtain the licenses. Nice!
    I have had to do a clean windows install on some of the nodes and can't remember how to 'point' the nodes at the workstation. Currently, each node (VRAY & Corona) has to obtain the licence everytime 3dsmax is started - everytime! Not Nice!
    I have 1 wifi dongle and I'm getting tired of running around the office pluging it in when Max starts then running off to do the same thing for another node.
    I actually have 1 node PC which has remained unchanged (no clean install) and appears not to require any internet connection to render - VRay & Corona - so I must have done something to achieve this...(???).

Please could I get a solution where the worktstation is the only PC online and the nodes look to it for their licenses?

Although I haven't found a solution in the forum I have read lots of posts with people having similar issues. Many people are told to borrow the licence however borrowing is not a practical option, not unless you extend the borrow duration to something more uselful than 2 weeks e.g. 8 weeks. I often leave projects running unattended for days/weeks and I don't want the rendering to stop halfway through because the borrow time is up.
    Surely we cannot be expected to keep all of our PCs attached to the internet all of the time just to get the nodes to work?
    Thank you

p.s. your website has an issue on the contact page. You cannot raise a ticket as the site goes into some wierd unstoppable loop - it could jst be a Firefox thing..?

If I understand correctly you need to point your render nodes machines to one central license server on your main worksation. You do that on the render node machine accessing the client license settings. For V-Ray click on the Windows Start button type Change V-Ray license settings and press enter. There you can set Primary and Alternate license servers. For Primary type the IP address on the machine where you have your license server running. For Corona you can access the license settings from inside 3ds Max, go to Render setup, select Corona --> System and click on Configure license server address. That will open the license settings window where you can set your license server IP. Bear in mind that all machines participating in the distributed rendering should be in the same subnet of your LAN and visible for each other.
    Kostadin Botev

Technical Support Representative
    Contact Support

Chaos

Comment

That's brilliant. Thank you. Apologies for the rant earlier. Not even a Chaos Reseller knew how to do that.

Is there a way to change the Corona node from outside of 3dsmax, in a similar way to V-Ray? As the nodes are just for rendering, they do not require a 3dsmax license. My concern is that launching 3dsmax on a bunch of unlicensed machines might bring the Autodesk Police knocking on my door.

Kind regards
      Last edited by Montage; 11-06-2024, 02:31 AM.

Comment

setvrlservice.exe is the file you need to double click in order to bring up the license settings window. It should be in C:\Program Files\Corona\Corona Renderer for 3ds Max\20xx\Utils
        Kostadin Botev

Contact Support

Chaos

Comment

Thank you!
          When I launched the Corona setvrlservice.exe, the changes had already been made i.e. it showed the IP address of the license server.
          As I haven't done this for Corona yet, should I assume that changing the V-Ray settings also changed the Corona settings at the same time?

Comment

Yes if you have Corona and V-Ray on the same machine and you change the settings for V-Ray it will take effect for Corona as well.
            Kostadin Botev

Contact Support

Chaos

Comment

Genius!
              Thank you Kostadin.

Comment

Working...
              X