Subscription based licensing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subscription based licensing?

I know it's not popular, but i'm working on a game and would like to use Phoenix FD for some effects and a (monthly) subscription model would be far more affordable than an outright license. Is this in consideration at all?

We do offer rentals for many of our products (see below for Phoenix specifically - click on the "RENTAL" tab) but it would best to contact sales@chaosgroup.com for more specific information.
    https://www.chaosgroup.com/phoenix-fd/3ds-max#pricing

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I'm looking at a resellers website and they're only offering dongle licenses - is that right? Also, if I do get a dongle license, is there a problem with having 2 different dongles in the same network? I want to use the VRay license at work with my license of PhoenixFD.

Comment

Originally posted by duke2 View Post
        I'm looking at a resellers website and they're only offering dongle licenses - is that right? Also, if I do get a dongle license, is there a problem with having 2 different dongles in the same network? I want to use the VRay license at work with my license of PhoenixFD.
        You can get V-Ray 3, Phoenix 3 and VRSCans licenses on a hardware dongle or with Online licensing (the license will be obtained over Internet from our backend license server). It's best to state specifically how you want your V-Ray to be licensed before the purchase from some of the resellers. If you choose to have the license on a hardware dongle - It's not a problem to have more than 1 dongle in the same network, plugged in the same license server etc. If you need assistance with anything concerning purchasing V-Ray - please email us at sales@chaosgroup.com
        Last edited by ivan.slavchev; 21-11-2017, 04:23 AM.
        Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

You don't get enough feedback when things go right, so let me say the whole process of purchase to activation, to upgrading the license server without interruption went flawlessly, so thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, very good to know

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
            X