2.50.l30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.50.l30

What exactly is the file 2.50.L30 in download section?

Hello,

The *L30 builds are V-Ray 2.0 builds that will work with the V-Ray 3.0 licenses.

Comment

Hi Mihail,
      It means I can use paralel vray 2.5 on one machine and Vray 3.6 on second comp on the same USB
      dongle after upgrading 2.5 to 3.6?
      roman

Comment

Hi Roman,

For example if you have 1x V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max workstation license you can use V-Ray 2.50.L30 and V-Ray 3.6 for 3ds Max on the same machine in parallel.
        In case you want to use V-Ray on two machines at the same time you will need an additional license for the second computer.

Comment

Thank you for details.
          If i understand it right

I have one workstation where I personaly work with GUI + 4 computers as render nodes. I will install Vray2.50.L30 and Vray 3.6 on the same time on the same machine and on other render machines install render nodes for Vray2.50.L30 and Vray 3.6. When i need to render some older Project for bilboard in 10K f.e., i use Vray2.50.L30. After that i switch without new installation to 3.6 in 3ds max via assign renderer dialog to vray 3.6 and continue to work on new projects
          What i cant, is to work on one machine on 3.6 and in same time to open 3dsmax on other machine with Vray2.50.L30. It means all the time i have one license, no matter which one, just I need to be sure, if both are installed contemporary and i just choose which one need to use; or; I have allways uninstall vray 2.5, install 3.6 depending on which version i need to work and vice versa?
          Excuse me for so silly questions, but i need to know exactly, what i can expect before i upgrade license in my USB dongle with Vray 3 license, because I need so far still work in 2.5. I'm rightful to use vray 2.5 or 3.6 on workstation+5 rendernodes - right? The question is , if I have to install everytime matching vray, or i have installed it simultanously and choose right renderer in 3dsmax?
          Roman

Comment

Working...
          X