Vray Next Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Next Beta

I've just installed the new Beta, but I'm being told there is no license. I've checked the license server and there is no license server. We use online licensing so am I correct in thinking it should update automatically?

Cheers
    CGI Artist @ Staud Studios

Hello,

Can you please check if the V-Ray Online License Server (at http://localhost:30304 ) is activated with the same username that you used to apply for the Beta. In case this is the correct user but you are still not able to see the Beta license listed in the license server web interface please send a mail to support@chaosgroup.com with the name of the user and a link to this forum thread.

Comment

So.. if I have lic for 3.6, I can run this beta, right?

Comment

Originally posted by gandhics View Post
        So.. if I have lic for 3.6, I can run this beta, right?
        Yes, if you have a commercial license for V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max you can apply for the Beta from the following link:
        https://www.chaosgroup.com/beta_forms/max

Comment

Have applied and downloaded the beta. but need an answer to a question being asked in other parts of the forum. Since I have a commercial licence for 3.6??? will it be possible to install this beta and use either.... Reason I ask, is since I use Vray commercially and also have things like Forest Pack Pro and Railclone etc installed, which I need and due to changes in the SDK Vray 4 is not (at present compatible with them) it would be a disaster to install Vray 4???? and find I can no longer switch back to 3.60.04, for work....

Comment

Originally posted by andy51 View Post
            Have applied and downloaded the beta. but need an answer to a question being asked in other parts of the forum. Since I have a commercial licence for 3.6??? will it be possible to install this beta and use either.... Reason I ask, is since I use Vray commercially and also have things like Forest Pack Pro and Railclone etc installed, which I need and due to changes in the SDK Vray 4 is not (at present compatible with them) it would be a disaster to install Vray 4???? and find I can no longer switch back to 3.60.04, for work....
            The only way to run two versions of Vray is to use two versions of 3ds Max. We are using 3.6 on 2017 and Next on 2018

Comment

Originally posted by mihail_kuzev View Post
              Hello,

Can you please check if the V-Ray Online License Server (at http://localhost:30304 ) is activated with the same username that you used to apply for the Beta. In case this is the correct user but you are still not able to see the Beta license listed in the license server web interface please send a mail to support@chaosgroup.com with the name of the user and a link to this forum thread.
              I followed the link I got in my email (****) and then logged in via our account (in this case "****"). I've checked the username on the OLS and it's "****". I will check with our IT guy about it.
              Last edited by mihail_kuzev; 14-12-2017, 12:33 AM. Reason: Removed personal info

Comment

Hello,

The Beta for V-Ray 4 for 3ds Max comes with a separate license that does not remove your V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max licenses. It will be possible to use either V-Ray 3 or V-Ray 4.

Comment

Originally posted by AC5L4T3R View Post

I followed the link I got in my email (****) and then logged in via our account (in this case "****"). I've checked the username on the OLS and it's "****". I will check with our IT guy about it.
                  It is possible that you have applied for the Beta with your personal account and that the V-Ray License Server is currently activated with your company account.
                  Please send an e-mail to sales@chaosgroup.com with a request to help you with the consolidation of the licenses from both accounts into one.

Please do not share any account related information like usernames or e-mail addresses on the forum.

Comment

I'm not using 2018 for production so I thought I'd install V4 (aka Next) onto that.

This is the first time I'm playing a Beta Tester role, so I'm not too sure where to post issues (is there a place to send issues found ?).

So far I've gotten this far;

On startup of 3ds Max 2018 I get an issue with Phoenix..... Click image for larger version  Name:	01 - Startup of 2018 01.JPG Views:	1 Size:	43.3 KB ID:	977916

Then there's the error within VRayUtils.ms
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	02 - Once in 2018 02.JPG Views:	1 Size:	225.7 KB ID:	977917

Last edited by JezUK; 15-12-2017, 03:51 AM. Reason: Fixed Licencing issue by installing OLS.
                    Jez

------------------------------------
                    3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                    ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Hey,

Hopefully there will be Phoenix nightlies for V-Ray 4 tomorrow Until then you can install the Scanline version of Phoenix as a workaround.

Cheers!
                      Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Hey again - the Phoenix nightlies for V-Ray 4 are out
                        Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

I also get an error when I installed vray 4.0 but for Multiscatter. Though when MAX started it seamed to be working fine. Will vray or MS update this? I should report to them probably too. It's also error 127 on MultiScatterVray.dlo
                          www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by Crayox13 View Post
                            I also get an error when I installed vray 4.0 but for Multiscatter. Though when MAX started it seamed to be working fine. Will vray or MS update this? I should report to them probably too. It's also error 127 on MultiScatterVray.dlo
                            we just released new version of MultiScatter with V-Ray Next suport http://forum.rendering.ru/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1411

Comment

I've 2 question about licensing.
                              1- I have 1 interface node and 6 render node. I'm applying for the beta, when you ask me "how many licensing" should I choose: 1 or 7?

2- Beta for 3dsmax uses online licensing, so if I switch to that mode, the dongle will not working anymore?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                              X