• Show
Clear All

• Node Render Swarm Node 2 Vray 3 machines

Greetings,

I have got and successfully installed on my 3 computers:

Vray for SU
    Vray Swarm Node
    Vray for Max

Each of Vray plugin comes with ONE Swarm Node, right?

Would it mean that taking into account these three product I could take advantage of using simultaneously my e machines?
    One main and two others with swarm-node alone and a node coming with other Vray?

i would appreciate any clarification or perhaps some guidance on composing harmoniously all the machines to perform a common render.

Thank you in advance.

V-Ray Swarm is a free aplication which could help you set up your render nodes and prepare them for rendering in Sketchup (Rhino and Revit only at this moment) through V-Ray Distributed Rendering:
    https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...Swarm+Settings
    V-Ray for 3ds Max is not using Swarm for Distributed Rendering, but it uses normal DR through 3ds Max and V-Ray menu:
    https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...uted+Rendering

Please note that one V-Ray 3.0 Workstation license for 3ds Max consist of 1 Interface(GUI) license and 1 Render Node 3.0 license.
    The interface license allows you to use V-Ray menus in 3ds Max GUI. You will be able to use V-Ray plugin in 3ds Max's interface, navigate V-Ray Render Setup menus, use materials , etc. This license is not used for rendering.
    The Render Node 3.0 license is used only for rendering. When you start a render job with one machine it always takes one Render Node 3.0 license, regardless it is on your workstation or on render slave machine.
    For example if you use V-Ray on your local machine only, set up a scene in 3ds Max with V-Ray and start render job, it should take one Interface license and one Render node license.
    You need Render Node 3.0 license for each machine that is used for rendering.
    The same licensing scheme is with V-Ray for Sketchup application.

For example if you have 10 machines and you want to render with all of them at the same time, you will need 10 x Render Node 3.0 license available.

Please note: V-Ray for Sketchup and V-Ray for 3ds Max is using Render Node 3.0 license for rendering.

Let me know if you have any firther questions.
    Last edited by stefan.isakov; 20-04-2018, 10:14 AM.
    Stefan Isakov

Technical Support Representative
    support@chaosgroup.com

Contact Support

Chaos Group

Comment

Oh, thank you. It will take some time I digest all the above.

Quote:
      Please note: V-Ray for Sketchup and V-Ray for 3ds Max is using Render Node 3.0 license for rendering.

I have purchased one Render Node to extend the render capacity. It works well with Vray for SU.
      As far as I understand it will be useless for Vray for 3Ds Max as the last one does use the Swarm feature, right?

I promise, I will have a lot more of questions...

Thank you very much for your ample explication.

PS
      Here is a notę Ive received from a vendor:

V-Ray for SketchUp and V-Ray for 3ds max each come with 1 render node and you have extra render node. You can render between all three computers but you cannot use more than 3 render nodes in any combination. So, I?ll give you two quick must know things and then maybe you can use the Chaos Group documentation for the rest.

For SketchUp:
      Install V-Ray Swarm on each machine.

For 3ds max:
      Install 3ds max on all 3 machines and install V-Ray too.

Last edited by ARTCH; 20-04-2018, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Hi there,

Is there any timing known when swarm will become available for 3ds max?

Thanks
        Pieter
        claar.be

Comment

Originally posted by pietervanstee View Post
          Hi there,

Is there any timing known when swarm will become available for 3ds max?

Thanks
          There isn't currently. Distributed rendering in 3dsMax is using a different mechanism than other V-Ray versions, so making it work with SWARM will require some rather major changes.
          Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

ivan.slavchev ok thanks
            Pieter
            claar.be

Comment

Working...
            X