License Server could not be reached (Modo) [SOLVED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License Server could not be reached (Modo) [SOLVED]

Just installed the newest Modo beta (12.1v1 RC 2). When I open a scene and try to render using the 'Start VRay RT' buttons I get the error message below.

EDIT: re-installing the license sever fixed it.
    Last edited by ezekiel66; 16-06-2018, 02:45 AM.

btw does that exact error mean?... that my machine cannot connect to our license server, or our license server cannot connect to your server in sofia?

...and what would then be the other error message...

thanks
    Last edited by thomes; 29-04-2019, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Hello, that error (-200) means that there is no license server installed on the computer or it can`t be reached if its a remote one in the LAN. Reinstalling the license server (or installing it if you don`t have it) should fix that error message.
      Kostadin Botev

Technical Support Representative
      Contact Support

Chaos

Comment

thanks kostadin

it is always temporary. no need to install new. it´s on our network. in these situations there are always problems with the internet.
        our IT tried to borrow the online license on our license server. i´m not sure it this is the cause of these problems.

so there is no different error message for these two different situation?

Comment

If the license server is installed on a dedicated computer (server) and the other machines are obtaining their licenses from there over the local network you should make sure that nothing is blocking port 30304. If the port is blocked you`ll get that error message. You can monitor our licensing services in that link https://status.chaosgroup.com/. This way you`ll be sure that the problem is local in your network/computer or its in our service.
          Kostadin Botev

Technical Support Representative
          Contact Support

Chaos

Comment

Working...
          X