Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vray next crashed on workstation - vray thinks node is still working.. cannot make it think otherwise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray next crashed on workstation - vray thinks node is still working.. cannot make it think otherwise.

If the machine crashes using vray next gpu and the render node component of the workstation online licence remains locked, vray becomes unusable until support intervenes.

If this happens on a Friday vray is unusable for 60 hours and counting.....

All options suggested on this forum were tried and failed (in this situation)
    Last edited by ftgil1; 12-08-2018, 10:36 PM.

Hello,

It will be best if we investigate the issue with the V-Ray Next GPU crash in order to prevent it from occurring again in the future. The license should have been freed upon stopping the rendering (crashing should also release it). However it is possible that the licenses were borrowed for offline use - in case a clean installation of the license server has been made the borrowed licenses were stuck at server side (linked to the original instance of the license server that removed from your computer).

We have send you an e-mail from support@chaosgroup.com with request to troubleshoot the issue further.

If you experience the crash in the meantime please do not attempt a clean installation of the license server if you have borrowed the licenses for offline use.
    In case the license service is not starting please download and run the installation ( https://download.chaosgroup.com/license-server ) without any additional changes to the setup.

Comment

For clarification the licenses were not borrowed for offline use when the crash occurred - the logs will show this - and the license was locked and unusable until support intervened 2.5 days later. In lieu of support I tried every suggestion on this forum and in the help docs. Server side intervention by support was the only solution.

Comment

Originally posted by ftgil1 View Post
        For clarification the licenses were not borrowed for offline use when the crash occurred - the logs will show this - and the license was locked and unusable until support intervened 2.5 days later. In lieu of support I tried every suggestion on this forum and in the help docs. Server side intervention by support was the only solution.
        hello,

something similar just happened to me yesterday, and i only find this thread today. I tried everything but i guess i will have to wait for the support to intervene to get my licence back stuck in their server. :/ I really don't know how i'm going to handle this with my client, but when you have tight deadline and you have to work over the weekend and your software licence doesn't work anymore and just get stuck and loose money :/ .

WALEE / www.walee.com

Comment

Originally posted by walee View Post

hello,

something similar just happened to me yesterday, and i only find this thread today. I tried everything but i guess i will have to wait for the support to intervene to get my licence back stuck in their server. :/ I really don't know how i'm going to handle this with my client, but when you have tight deadline and you have to work over the weekend and your software licence doesn't work anymore and just get stuck and loose money :/ .
          I wrote you in the ticket.
          Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by ivan.slavchev View Post

I wrote you in the ticket.
            Thank you for the quick resolve on my problem with the tech support over the phone.

WALEE / www.walee.com

Comment

I have the exact same problem. What shall I do, since I have work to do aswell... there is a release button needed...
              thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by raid View Post
                I have the exact same problem. What shall I do, since I have work to do aswell... there is a release button needed...
                thanks in advance
                Best to write us at support@chaosgroup.com
                Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

I've just had the exact same problem. Just sent an email to support@chaosgroup.com. Need help ASAP, thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X