license borrowed, still says "unable to contact license server"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• license borrowed, still says "unable to contact license server"

according you your status page, everything is fine, according to the license server manager, i have licenses available, offline

max 2016 and 2018 both tell me they are unable to reach the license server. ive restarted max, and my machine, stil no licenses. i was rendering happily an hour ago.

i have a ton of work to do and these outages are as welcome as a toothache.

my license is back again... what on earth is the use of borrowed licenses if they go down too?

Comment

We are sorry for the inconvenience made. When you borrow a license for offline usage, the license will be engaged only on the machine where borrowing was completed. You can always check the status of your licenses on the status page "127.0.0.1:30304" or "localhost:30304" Please let us know if you need further assistance.
      Stefan Isakov

Technical Support Representative
      support@chaosgroup.com

Contact Support

Chaos Group

Comment

i only have one machine, so i borrowed the licenses on the machine where they were not working.

as mentioned above, the license manager said they were present and available offline. - iot also said the licensing system was working fine.

. however for 15 long minutes, and through several restarts, both max 2016 and 2018 said "unable to reach license server" then they then suddenly started working again, in a copy of max that has been saying they were unavailable moments before.

this is not the first time this has happened.

Comment

Yes, this happened to me a couple of days ago. I had a BSOD and when I rebooted the license was gone. It came back after a little while but did cause me to wonder the same.
          Quite stressy for that time
          https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

I've been getting a "Failed - Server problem" when downloading the offline.bin file as well.

Comment

If you have internet connection to the license server computer - see https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...or+Offline+Use
              If you don't - see https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...rnetconnection
              If you still have problems borrowing - please message us - https://www.chaosgroup.com/support/contact
              Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

I had to reinstall the license server for the licences to work. even though it was the same version and even though they were borrowed.
                what is going on and how would I solve this next (in case my connection fails and I cant reinstall)...
                Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
                www.AddYourLight.com
                Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

Originally posted by MANUEL_MOUSIOL View Post
                  I had to reinstall the license server for the licences to work. even though it was the same version and even though they were borrowed.
                  what is going on and how would I solve this next (in case my connection fails and I cant reinstall)...
                  Did the status page load at all before reinstalling? It's possible that the service (VRLService in Windows) has stopped for some reason (antivirus, Windows update etc.).
                  Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

No, it didn't. I mean, it did in the past (actually on that day) but then in the same session stopped working. I disabled the firewall and also restarted and it didn't help until I reinstalled. Very strange...
                    Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
                    www.AddYourLight.com
                    Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

I am having a similar problem right now. I had enabled the borrowed license for my new laptop because I could not get it to get a license online.
                      The online seems to be working now but I cannot release the borrowed license now. I have read the docs and posts about how to do this, but it doesn't work. It shows the laptop as the machine that has the borrowed licenses, but there is no release option on it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 510_vapers_llc View Post
                        I am having a similar problem right now. I had enabled the borrowed license for my new laptop because I could not get it to get a license online.
                        The online seems to be working now but I cannot release the borrowed license now. I have read the docs and posts about how to do this, but it doesn't work. It shows the laptop as the machine that has the borrowed licenses, but there is no release option on it.
                        Try deleting the browser cache, the license seems correctly released on the backend.
                        If you still have issues, however - please message us at support@chaosgroup.com and we will look into it.
                        Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Thanks ! I have it sorted.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by 510_vapers_llc; 21-02-2020, 07:45 AM. Reason: Sorted

Comment

Working...
                          X