X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray for Blender ...just doesn't work

SOLVED

Hi,

I have installed Licence Server cgls_win_5.2.2, Standalone vraystd_adv_41003_x64_vc14 and Blender with V-Ray vrayblender35-2.79-2901eb7-x86_64-windows
    I can see my licence is online and available on http://localhost:30304/
    I have activated the V-Ray render addon in user Preferences in Blender.
    Switched to the V-Ray rendering engine and when I press F12 to render nothing happens. No popup, no error message, nothing.
    When I change the render to show in Image Editor, I can see the checker pattern suggesting that the image is empty. I deleted everything in the scene and added the monkey, light and a camera. Nothing.
    I've relogged from Licence server, webpage and restarted the computer, reinstalled standalone and Blender.

I am out of ideas what could be wrong and I am already two hours into trying to make it work.

Please help.

EDIT: I was running it on this computer before the Win 10 reinstall with no problems.
    Last edited by Edward_007; 18-04-2019, 04:16 AM.

Did you toggle the system console? (Under the Window menu) That will be where you get information about what is running when you try and start a render.

Comment

Thank for the tip. I did complete reinstall (again) this morning and got it to work twice. Then it stopped and the render window doesn't pop anymore.

In the console I am getting "error: Could not obtain a license (-9: There are no available licenses of this type on the ChaosGroup License Server."

Here is a log from the console after one (I think) successful attempt and then successive failed attempts.

https://pastebin.com/44Pc9trc

It's starting to look like a firewall issue, but I am using standard windows firewall, defender and I have disabled Firewall on my router (ISP modem is disabled so it's my router who is setting the rules). Adding rules or disabling firewall + Antivirus didn't help. I have a client waiting for renders and they needed to be ready yesterday.

Comment

Solved.

For those with the same issue: The problem was that I downloaded latest version of the standalone (NEXT) but I own only the previous version. Their download section is allowing you to download everything, so make sure you choose the (possibly older) version you own.

Comment

Ha! After reading the log I was going to suggest checking if the previous version of Standalone will work. Glad you figured out the issue.

Comment

Working...
          X