Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 3.7 3dsmax 2014 DBR not working

Hi,
    for a whole day i am trying to set up DBR in Vray with 3dsmax.

3dsmax 2014 SP6 and VRAY 37001 and latest License Server 5.2.2 installed on all 3 machines.
    Render Client (with Dongle): Win 10, Render Server 1: Win 7, Render Server 2: Win 7

I followed the instructions to setup DBR with Vray here on this site.
    Backburner Network Rendering testet and working ok with both render servers. Also Mental Ray DBR working ok with this setup and the 2 render servers just for the info.
    Firewall settings and permissions checked and everytheing seems to be ok.

But i cant get Vray DBR to work correctly. Here the error message for the 2 Render Servers. There seems to be a problem with the licensing on the render servers:

Could not obtain a license (-7): The ChaosGroup License Server is denying access. Update the license server and check access filter (if any).
    Could not obtain a license (-9: There are no available licenses of this type on the ChaosGroup License Server.

Any help is appreciated. Kind regards,
    Andreas

If your licenses are on a dongle you should point the license settings on all computers towards the machine that has the dongle plugged in - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...cense+Settings
    Make sure TCP port 30304 is opened on all machines in Windows firewall for both incoming and outgoing connections.

If you still get errors - please message us here - https://www.chaosgroup.com/support/contact
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Hello,
      Thank you very much for your answer. It seems that firewall settings on one or more computers blocked TCP port 30304.
      I created incoming and outgoing rules for all computers in the firewall for TCP port 30304. Now it works. Thank you for your help.
      Many greetings
      Andreas

Comment

Working...
      X