Borrowing licenses not working correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borrowing licenses not working correctly

I'm trying to borrow a license and noticed a problem. At first it seems to work, but if I wait about a minute and refresh the license server page, the borrowed licenses are gone

1. Open the License server page and borrow a license (click online licenses > use license offline)
    2. Once done, I can confirm the borrowed licenses by clicking "online licensing" again. It will show "Licenses available offline until..."
    3. Click Notifications and confirm it worked. I see "6/15/2019, 1:54:17 PM Successfully borrowed licenses for offline use."
    4. Wait about 30 seconds to 1 minute
    5. Click Home and refresh the page
    6. Click Online licensing

The borrowed licenses are now gone.

I have tried doing a complete uninstall (deleting C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup too) and reinstalling too.

Win10 Pro 64 / AMD Ryzen 9 5950X / 128GB / RTX 3090 + 1080 Ti / MODO
    I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live - Jesus Christ

I just ended up reinstalling 4.5.1 and it seems to be working correctly.
    I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live - Jesus Christ

Comment

I spoke too soon. Borrowing works, but only v-ray 3.6/3.7 can use the borrowed license. V-Ray next can't

Comment

I got some help from support (Nikolay) and the issue was that an older license server was still borrowing the license. He installed 5.1.2, saying it was more stable.

I'm not quite sure how this happens, but my machine was appearing about 9 times at https://my.chaosgroup.com . I ended up deactivating all the servers I didnt need (that werent borrowing)

Thanks Nikolay

Comment

Originally posted by 1funk View Post

I'm not quite sure how this happens, but my machine was appearing about 9 times at https://my.chaosgroup.com . I ended up deactivating all the servers I didnt need (that werent borrowing)
          This can happen if you manually delete the license server certificates on your computer and activate again. It's generally not a problem, you can indeed remove the unnecessary instances from my.chaosgroup.com.
          Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Thanks ivan.slavchev . That explains it. I deleted C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup (which contains the certificates) several times while trying to get things working again.

I'm not sure why it stopped working in the first place though.

Comment

Originally posted by 1funk View Post
              I'm not sure why it stopped working in the first place though.
              5.2.2 has been a bit too restrictive regarding borrowed licenses, so that's part of the reason. You can stick to 5.1.2 until we release a new build.
              4.5.1 and other 4.x versions use a different way to generate certificates, so it's possible that if you've downgraded between major versions you might had problems with the certificates. If you need to go back a major version, it's best to log off from online licensing first. That being said, I don't recommend using 4.5.1 anymore, we'll soon have to deprecate some features for it on the backend. It also doesn't support backward compatibility between Next licenses and V-Ray 3 builds.

Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
              X