Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray for Blender - Could not obtain license -98

Hi

I have a problem with V-Ray for Blender. First, it won't render anything. Console says this

If I look at Blender user settings I get a couple of errors when I try disabling V-Ray addon and I can't get it enabled again

Errors when disabling V-ray

Errors when enabling it and I can't enable it again

And the setting are these

Why does it say "Chaos Cloud binary is not detected"?
    I have installed everything fresh, most recent license server, most recent V-Ray for Blender and License server is working fine. I can see Render node 3.0 there.

We had an issue with the Online Licensing, it should be up and running now.
    Can you try again and let us know if it works now or not?
    Last edited by svetlozar.draganov; 26-06-2019, 07:33 AM.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

No, still not working. But, license server is working fine. I can see my Render Node 3.0 license there.

And about the errors when enabling and disabling v-ray, should I open another thread in Blender for Vray forum? This hasn't happened before and as I said, I can't enable it at all.
      Last edited by I14R10; 26-06-2019, 06:15 AM.

Comment

It looks like either the Blender version is not the correct one or there is another addon that affects the proper functioning of V-Ray one.
        Can you try to temporarily move the following folder elsewhere and see if there is any improvement:
        "C:/Users/<USER_NAME>/AppData/Roaming/Blender Foundation/Blender/2.79"

When folder is moved, launch Blender and try to load only V-Ray addon.

Comment

Moving the folder solved that problem, but the "Could not obtain a license -98" is still there.

EDIT:
          Actually it didn't solve the problem. I can enable it once when the program starts, but then it's the same thing.
          Last edited by I14R10; 26-06-2019, 06:35 AM.

Comment

I'll invite someone from our Licensing Support team to assist with the licensing issue.
            Regarding the Blender issue, would you please confirm which version you are using?
            Can you try to uninstall it completely, download the most recent one from the nightly builds, install it and see if there is any improvement?

Comment

It looks like we do not support activating V-Ray addon once disabled, Blender restart is required.
              Is there any particular reason to disable and then enable V-Ray addon?

Comment

No, there is no reason. I was just wondering if that was the problem. Then that's fine. The only problem then is licensing issue.
                I'm using build b0c29b6b from Jun 20 2019. My OS is windows 7.

Comment

Can you manually start V-Ray Standalone and let me know the information here:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	cmd_2019-06-26_16-54-12.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1040594

Comment

Does it work with this standalone build - https://download.chaosgroup.com/down...lone-37001-adv
                    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
                      Can you manually start V-Ray Standalone and let me know the information here: Click image for larger version  Name:	cmd_2019-06-26_16-54-12.jpg Views:	1 Size:	98.2 KB ID:	1040594
                      Here you go. But all of the sudden it works now. I'll try restarting my computer to check again, but it works right now.

Comment

Yes, I can confirm that it works now. Thanks!

Comment

Glad to hear it's fine now

Comment

Unfortunately, there are more problems. Again, I couldn't render anything. I got the same error -98. I tried borrowing a license offline. And that worked once and only once. I again got error -98 even while disconnected from the internet so it couldn't be your servers. Something is wrong with my software.

EDIT
                            And now it works again. I don't know what's the problem but at least it works now.
                            Last edited by I14R10; 27-06-2019, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X