Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Vray copies

Hi all,
    I am running Vray 3.70.01 with 3ds max 2020 and rendering to a node over a network. A colleague now has Vray Next for Sketchup and wants to use the distributed render facility. Not sure what to do about installing another vray version on the node? Do I just tell her the node is mine and she can bog off?.........or can I install more than one version of Vray on the node? Asking because it took ages to get the node working properly....don't want to cock it all up!

Thanks
    Is it penry....the mild mannered janitor?

If she wants to send scenes to be rendered on the node form SketchUp - you need to install V-Ray SWARM on the render node. The first time a render is initiated V-Ray will transfer the build over the network. You should have in mind, however that:
    - TCP ports 20208 and 24267 and UDP 24267 should be available for communication (not blocked by a firewall).
    - You should have some agreement on who renders when, so that each of you will be able to utilize the whole render node. It's possible to dedicate some cores to SWARM and some to V-Ray's render spawner, but I'm not sure if it's worthed - rather depends on whether you must render simultaneously, or you can schedule jobs.

If you need assistance with setting this up - please message us at support@chaosgroup.com
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
    X