Vray license issue with dongles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray license issue with dongles

Hi, since 6 mounths we have issues with the licence server and now it seems to make too long to really fixing that...

firstable here is our specs:
    windows 2008 server and windows7 (tried on both)
    1 VrayLicence server (5.2.2) with 2 dongles
    one with 13 licenses and one with 1 license
    + 2 Pheonix FD on cloud licensing

multiple workstations have floating access for
    windows10 and windows7
    3dsmax2017 + Vray 3.4 + Pheonix FD
    3dsmax2018 + Vray 3.6
    3dsmax2019 + Vray Next + Pheonix FD

we use all these versions simultanously.

Since the new vray license server system upgrade (last december)
    we still have the same issue:
    we lose licences and/or licence server every hours(its quite random)
    since 6mounth I did a workaround by scripting something to reboot vrol.exe every hours

last week our license server station failed, we had to move to another station.

Since we reinstall the last release of the license serveur on this new station, it seems to fail the vray license server every 15min...and less.

I did my script working every 15min, but it seems to be worst because sometime the vrol.exe dont want to start correctly if it restart to quick after a stop/fail...

Can you check if you have more than 1 V-Ray DR Spawner running on the machines -as a service or manually started? If they use the same port it's possible that they overload the license server with requests. If you have such a problem - either run one spawner at a time or you can run them on different ports.
    Another reason can be faulty drivers that cause the dongles to skip, you can try a clean - reinstall or transferring your dongle licenses to your online account in case one of the dongles is faulty.

You can also message us at support@chaosgroup.com about this and we'll look into it. If you do - please attach the license server logs.

Regarding the OS - I assume you mean 2008 R2 or Windows 7 SP1, as the license server ver. 5 is not supported on earlier versions.
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

I checked and, no there is no DRspawner on machines. For DR spawner we generally use Deadline job to activate them.
      Yes it was abour Windows 7 SP1 and 2008R2.

The issue affect my massive renders, we have 46 licenses and when all the park is rendering, I have a lot of loosing time and fails because of this issue.
      The server seems to crash or whatever...I need to manually stop the vrol.exe and restart the licence server to clear all licenses attributions.

I saw (as you can see in the joined file) some licenses seems to not be rellaesed by the system, so 2 licenses are took by 1 IP address.
      and not, there is no DRspawner running...

Comment

is that normal that the vrol.exe process taking about 80Mb of RAM?

Comment

The screenshot shows sessions, you can have more than 1 session from the same machine if you run more than 1 V-Ray instance on it. It'll still engage 1 license per machine, though.
          It'll be best if you message us at support@chaosgroup.com about this issue (include a reference to this topic) with logs attached - http://IP_ADDRESS:30304/logs/download
          Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
          X