New "upgrade" to Win 10 and "could not obtain a license (-197)" error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New "upgrade" to Win 10 and "could not obtain a license (-197)" error

I recently "upgraded" to Window 10 on one of my nodes. After not being able to find a suitable Quadro driver that would allow Max to run, I finally settled on the "Microsoft Basic Driver" which at least allows Max to open. Curiously enough though, VRay did not come up in the materials, even after a reinstall. (Max 2019 / Next 4.2.001) If I go to the default switcher UI, it is there, but gives an error. I went ahead and ignored the error, but the underlying issue is that VRay can't obtain a license all of the sudden.

Here's what I've tried:
    - Disabled IV6
    - Turned off Firewall on node and license servers
    - Enabled file sharing on node (its off by default)
    - Make sure node is set up for Private network and not Public (where file sharing isn't allowed)
    - Pulled up :30304/#/bundle/max (from the node) and verified that 1) I could pull up that web page and 2) there is an available node
    - Opened VRay License server and verified that the settings are identical to my other nodes.
    - Pinged the license server from the node in question. (I could not ping directly to port 30304 however)
    - Tried to edit license server info from Render Setup inside of Max but get error "Could not save settings"

What other things should I check?

Thank You.
    David Anderson
    www.DavidAnderson.tv

Software:
    Windows 10 Pro
    3ds Max 2023.3 Update
    V-Ray GPU 6 Update 1

Hardware:
    Puget Systems
    TRX40 EATX
    AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core 3.69GHz
    2X NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
    128GB RAM

UPDATE**** Stopping and restarting the license server seemed to have done the trick! Life is good and all is right with the world now.
    David Anderson
    www.DavidAnderson.tv

Software:
    Windows 10 Pro
    3ds Max 2023.3 Update
    V-Ray GPU 6 Update 1

Hardware:
    Puget Systems
    TRX40 EATX
    AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core 3.69GHz
    2X NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
    128GB RAM