License Server Down? Issue V-Ray Next for Maya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License Server Down? Issue V-Ray Next for Maya

We have two workstation licenses that won't work right now, despite me upgrading on one and restarting the workstation. Render nodes work, but is the server down????????

I uninstalled the License Server and then re-installed the latest version. That seems to have fixed the issue in case anyone else is having issues,

Comment

This is now happening all the time, and is very annoying. Are there server issues at Chaos?

Comment

Trying to use a Borrowed License, but it's the most confusing setup ever. Where do I get a CSR file from? All that I get is .crt and and offline.bin.

Comment

Hello,

A CRS file is required only if you want to activate an Offline license server. The crs file can be generated only on a machine that has no Internet connection. According to our database, you were able to borrow 1 Interface (GUI) license on machine DellOne-PC. In order to use V-Ray, you require both an Interface and Render node license, you cannot use V-Ray only with an Interface license. I have released the borrowed Interface license, you should be able to use or borrow it again.

The Borrowing process is described on the following page:

https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...or+Offline+Use

You need to go to the Chaos License server page (http://localhost:30304), click on Online licensing then on "Use Licenses Offline". Follow steps 1 to 5, from the aforementioned link. You need both Interface and Render node license, in order to use V-Ray.
          Nikolay Simeonov

Technical Support Representative
          support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

This is still happening. I've tried running separate versions of V-Ray entirely on all machines with the same issue, as the old version you installed of the License Server did not work. Render nodes "V-Ray error: Could not obtain a license (10061)". Even tried a separate test file, no luck.

Using a borrowed licensed, do I need to do that on all 11 render nodes or just for the machine running the License Server?

Comment

With Strict Error checking turned off in Deadline, I can see that the nodes are producing this error "0: STDOUT: Error: file: C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Local/Temp/tmpD5FD.tmp line 8: Cannot find procedure "vrayRegisterRenderer"

Comment

Originally posted by gfmarsh View Post
                This is still happening. I've tried running separate versions of V-Ray entirely on all machines with the same issue, as the old version you installed of the License Server did not work. Render nodes "V-Ray error: Could not obtain a license (10061)". Even tried a separate test file, no luck.

Using a borrowed licensed, do I need to do that on all 11 render nodes or just for the machine running the License Server?
                If you use borrowed licenses - the simplest setup is to borrow all licenses on the license server machine and point all others to obtain licenses from it - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...cense+Settings

If you still have problems after - please message us at support@chaosgroup.com
                Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Thanks for directly helping me out Ivan. This all stemmed from overusing the amount of licenses I had. I didn't realize that the V-Ray frame buffer uses a render node license when in use, so it started my misdirected trouble shooting the license server. Then things got reset to the wrong settings a few times. It was a sad comedy of user errors. I have since bought another render node license, and so far so good. THANKS!

Comment

Working...
                  X