Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mixed Vray Version studio issues with render nodes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixed Vray Version studio issues with render nodes.

It's been a minute since a post here but I am a bit bewildered at how best to resolve something I didn't think would be an issue when upgrading to NEXT. We have two artists, one using vray 3.x and another using NEXT. We have (for the purpose of this conversation) TWO render nodes that we need to be able to share between the two artists. Other than using two different versions of MAX, how can we share the nodes for DR and network jobs? Upgrading to NEXT seems like a huge mistake for us now because it seems they do not work simultaneously. Clearly our fault for misunderstanding the "backwards compatibility" claim for sure but I can't imagine we are the only ones that have two versions of Vray as they slowly transition to NEXT. Any help or guidance from the forum wise would be appreciated.

NOTE: we are NOT trying to use them at the exact same time. Just to be clear. The goal is to be able to have next and 3.0 work on the same node when either one of the artists needs it assuming the other is not running a job.
    Architecture Drop-out...

It's best if you can write us at support@chaosgroup.com about that.
    cannot say anything for sure since I cannot find license information for your account, but if the render node license are still ver. 3 they will not work with V-Ray Next. If they are upgraded to V-Ray Next - make sure you use a new license server software, the old versions do not support backwards compatibility since they are older than the Next licenses.
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by ivan.slavchev View Post
      It's best if you can write us at support@chaosgroup.com about that.
      cannot say anything for sure since I cannot find license information for your account, but if the render node license are still ver. 3 they will not work with V-Ray Next. If they are upgraded to V-Ray Next - make sure you use a new license server software, the old versions do not support backwards compatibility since they are older than the Next licenses.
      Thank you Ivan,

I have been in communication with support. (Delina and others) My account email changed a while ago so that may be why the forum info is different. After some back and forth I thought the forum might help but it seems I am out of options. I will have to segregate our nodes and eventually move to a platform that works best for us.

Thank you!
      Architecture Drop-out...

Comment

Can you tell me what's your ticket number (in the e-mail subject) and I'll have a look?
        Last edited by ivan.slavchev; 23-01-2020, 08:29 AM.
        Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

248-819-9923
          Architecture Drop-out...

Comment

Working...
          X