Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Code -197

Hi,

I am getting error code -197 when trying to access the Vray 3dsMax render settings. I am using 3dsmax 2021 with vray 5 Update 2.2. Vray license server version is 5.5.4. Connection to the license server is fine, I can access the console from host and workstation. It is suggesting that no suitable license is available. Server however is showing 3 unused 3dsmax UI licenses.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hello Oliver,
    we can see in our database that under your account you have
    1 x V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max license

It looks like you installed the wrong build of V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max instead of V-Ray 3.x for 3ds Max build on your machine,
    because your license supports only V-Ray 3.x for 3ds Max builds.

If you want to work with the latest V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max, you will need to upgrade your license first.
    Note: At this point, V-Ray 3.x for 3ds Max is not available for 3ds Max 2021 and 2022

If you want to go back and install V-Ray 3.x for 3ds Max,
    please first uninstall the currently installed version,
    then please download and install the previous version of V-Ray 3.x for 3ds Max.

Let me know if you need any other assistance.
    Stefan Isakov

Technical Support Representative
    support@chaosgroup.com

Contact Support

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi Stefan,

My license dashboard shows the following.

Comment

Thank you for your screenshot.
        It seems that now your V-Ray for 3ds Max license appears in our database too. Could you please open a support ticket in our system, so we can further check your account and help you further with your issue?
        Also please check your V-Ray client license settings if they are pointed to the correct IP address and port 30304:
        https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...cense+Settings

If the V-Ray license server is installed locally on your machine, the IP address should be - 127.0.0.1 or localhost

You can open a support ticket from the link below:
        https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thank you.

Stefan Isakov

Technical Support Representative
        support@chaosgroup.com

Contact Support

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
        X