V-ray error message -2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray error message -2

Hello, I am using 3ds Max 2021 with V-ray 5. Building on a Dell XPS 8940 and rendering on a Boxx Apexx T3_05. I render to Network and have had no problems until my internet provider switched the lines in my neighborhood to fiber optic. Everything has a new IP address now. I am rendering a scene that rendered fine with submit to Network rendering previously. Now when I submit to Network rendering, it seems to be working fine when I send the job. Then on the receiving computer, I get this message: "[V-ray] Could not not obtain a license (-2): -2: Internal error: Please contact ChaosGroup support."

I put a ticket in, but clients are waiting. I checked, and my V-ray license is up to date.

Thank you for any help you can give me.
    Easily capture screenshots, GIFs, and replays that are ready to share. Download the free app for windows and mac.

In case anyone else has the -2 error issues, Borislav got back to me from Chaos and told me that the -2 error is related to a firewall issue. My recently updated anti-virus was blocking. Good to know and thank you again Borislov.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the solution. Glad I was able to help you!

Feel free to contact us, whenever you need any help.

Comment

Working...
      X