Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Unable to aquire V-Ray for Rhino GUI License!"

Hi,

we are running a license server on a W2016-Server with online licenses. The website of the server is reachable and shows all licenses activated, available and online.
    Firewall is disabled on server and clients

On the Clients we use V-Ray 3.60 for Rhino V6, without problems so far
    A few weeks ago we update license-server 5.5.5 to 6.0.0, working fine again (no user has complained).

Now all clients show up "Unable to aquire V-Ray for Rhino GUI License!" without any further changes.

I have tried to restart the server-service, also uninstall and reinstall license server, no change.

I searched for the advanced settings and found the vrlclient.xml instructions, but the clients already have vrlclient.xml-files with the licenseserver-address (from older installations)

How do I get this work again?

Best
    Kai-Uwe

Thank you for your question.
    Please follow the link below in order to open a support ticket to our system and please mention your account/e-mail,
    so we can help you further and check your issue:
    https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Please make sure to choose "Technical assistance starting the product" during the submission of the Request Type.
    And please send us a screenshot of the error, vrlclient.xml from the problematic machine and another screenshot of the web page "127.0.0.1:30304 from the centralized W2016-Server and also from the problematic local machine"
    Thank you.​
    Stefan Isakov

Technical Support Representative
    support@chaosgroup.com

Contact Support

Chaos Group

Comment

Thank you for your fast reply.

I did some more research and rechecked the configuration of IIS because I noticed that the default page did not work over the network either, only over localhost.

I changed the bindings to "*" (instead of IP-Address) and restart.
      As a result, both IIS and the Chaos license server work correctly again

Best
      Kai-Uwe

Comment

Working...
      X