Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

License not available even though subscribed- Change in Chaos subscription plan the issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License not available even though subscribed- Change in Chaos subscription plan the issue?

Hi, I submitted to Chaos support, but thought I would post here as I need an ASAP fix for a deadline.

I am on Chaos V-Ray Solo Monthly subscription (apparently its switched automatically from a Vray for SketchUp subscription) . I have been using Vray 6 (latest) with no problem with SketchUp 2022 (latest build). My auto payment renewal was yesterday Oct 26, and now this afternoon when I try to start using Vray in Sketchup I get dialog box " Failed to checkout a Vray for SketchUp License. The V-ray license Server (by default accessed via internet browser http://localhost:30304) has no V-ray for Sketchup licenses available.

Why is it no longer working? I need fix ASAP!! I'm guessing something happened when the subscription changed to the Solo subscription ( I had no involvement in that as it seems it switched plan on its own when renewed on auto)

Tried re-installing Vray, restarted computer, internet is working fine. Web link to license server in browser says no Licenses available.

ANY help appreciated. Other than the plan name/type NOTHING has changed in the last 2 days, on my system...

***My guess is it has nothing to do on my end, because my account is an active subscription, and the License server web portal says no licenses available. That lead me to believe that there is a glitch on Chaos side on providing me with a license even though I paid...

Windows 10 Pro

Thanks,
    Norbert​
    Last edited by norbertm; 27-10-2022, 03:17 PM.

Just posting an update.

Seems it was an issue on Chaos end. License available now.

Comment

In such cases its best to directly open a ticket with us, that way your request will go to the relevant support team. We usually need info about your account that is not advisable to be shared in public forums.
      Kostadin Botev

Technical Support Representative
      Contact Support

Chaos

Comment

Please... we have a huge weekend of work. We have a Corona license, but it has disappeared from the license server. We are using Corona 8. Active products Corona appears. License server, it is now gone out of the blue. Please fix this ASAP.

What are we to do? This is still business hours in North America and there is no support?
        Last edited by dabos99; 04-11-2022, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Please, this is crazy... we are so reliant on Corona / V-Ray and it simply disappears from online licensing and now all work has to come to a complete stop. Please, license says paid billing was yesterday. Even on your website under licenses tab the Corona license has disappeared, so we are not going to spend lots of time uninstalling and re-installing as nothing was changed. The only thing that has changed is online licensing. Under the licenses tab V-Ray appears ok, but Corona is completely GONE.

Comment

Same here- corona renewal was yesterday and we've lost our license. Just like that between renders in the same 3dsmax session, and it wasn't our internet or anything on our side. We are going crazy trying different things, but it's too much of a coincidence it was renewal yesterday. Definitely on Chaos' side. Opened a ticket 15 hours ago and NOTHING. This is intolerable, especially since the price increase they've made- they could at least offer quick support.

Comment

***My guess is it has nothing to do on my end, because my account is an active subscription, and the License server web portal says no licenses available. That lead me to believe that there is a glitch on Chaos side on providing me with a license even though I paid...​

same here- I have two active suscriptions and since one renewed yesterday I suddenly only have one available

Comment

My colleagues from the Customer excellence team responded to your ticket from what I can see.
                Kostadin Botev

Technical Support Representative
                Contact Support

Chaos

Comment

Same here - all my subscriptions show as active and "green". But I can't render anything.... License error... and I have a deadline Monday! Please support. Already opened a ticket.

Comment

it's an issue with Chaos' payment handler not getting them your payment confirmation on time, so you effectively get cut off, even though you've paid. It's an unfortunate coincidence sure, but not sure this can be a recurring problem every month...maybe they just want all of us to switch to yearly suscriprion.

Comment

Originally posted by aurora_zanoletty View Post
                      it's an issue with Chaos' payment handler not getting them your payment confirmation on time, so you effectively get cut off, even though you've paid. It's an unfortunate coincidence sure, but not sure this can be a recurring problem every month...maybe they just want all of us to switch to yearly suscriprion.
                      Hey Aurora, thanks for the info. Strange I have a yearly subscription ( for me until march '23) . Anyway.... for the moment I'm in stress mode.. and the human who invented deadlines should be catapulted!

Comment

Hello , is there anyone over there in Chaos?
                        This is bad. it's still not working.
                        I don't get answers in my "ticket"
                        Yesterday I've re bought a license for vantage although this wasn't necessary ( I've a premium subscription , annual, valid till march '23)
                        Now I have 2 but nothing works
                        Please I need help with this!

Comment

Pffff I've got it working... removed the 6.0.0 license server and installed the 5.5.5 version ( second last version).... everything works again....
                          Maybe this can help for fellow artists.

Comment

Working...
                          X