Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Website is is down for maintenance - and my trial is over, and I cannot up pgrade my licence. I have a deadline and cannot render.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website is is down for maintenance - and my trial is over, and I cannot up pgrade my licence. I have a deadline and cannot render.

I am so angry right now.

I am a long-time Vray user and one of the first Vray Mentors.

I am now stuck and unable to render a project that has a deadline because I cannot upgrade my Vray 5 licence nor extend my trial.

Chaos Group, you decided to do maintenance on a long May Day weekend.

YOU SHOULD HAVE PROVIDED A LICENCE AMNESTY FOR TRIAL USERS WITH LICENCES

I remember a few years ago your system for online licensing went down. Vlado personally promised something like this would never happen again.

WHEN YOUR SYSTEM GOES DOWN YOU NEED TO ERR ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION AND MAKE SURE ALL USERS CAN RENDER, EVEN IF IT COSTS COSTS YOU A DAY OR TWO
    http://www.jd3d.co.uk - Vray Mentor

Dear user,

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused!

We are able to provide a temporary license for your account and I have placed an order for a free temporary V-Ray Premium license. The license can be accessed with your account associated with the V-Ray Free trial license, which expired on Apr 28, 2023.

If you would like to have the temporary license on another Chaos account, please let us know and we will correct that.

Please let me know if any further assistance is needed.
    Last edited by denitsa_georgieva; 29-04-2023, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Brilliant. Thanks very much, that works.

But I have to ask, could you please initiate a policy - and let us know - that from now on when there are maintenance issues with the licence server, Chaos Group will make sure all licenses remain active?

Even if it means 10 or even 100 people get to render for free over the weekend, the lost revenue should be negligible versus the anxiety and bad-will this kind of thing causes existing and new customers.

Maintenance & repair issues are Chaos Groups' responsibility, so you should ensure that nobody is unable to render.

Comment

Hello goodnight

I'm in a very important period of delivery of works and I don't when I received the email warning me that my license was about to expire or asking if I would like to renew it. I really need to keep working this long weekend to deliver on Tuesday. please. the work was rendering and in the middle, I ran out of the license, I thought it was about the maintenance because I never received the email warning that the license would be at the end and I didn't imagine it was just now. Please help me!​

Comment

Hello Morena,

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused!

We are able to provide a temporary license for your account and I have placed an order for two free temporary Corona licenses- one for 3ds Max and for Cinema4D. The license can be accessed with your account associated with the Corona Education license.

We have also logged a ticket on your behalf - #110879

If you would like to have the temporary license on another Chaos account, please let us know and we will correct that.

Please let me know if any further assistance is needed.​

Comment

Thank you so much. you're a lifesaver!

Comment

A whole week has gone by and I still cannot upgrade my perpetual licence.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	122
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	1180154

Comment

And I can't get hold of support today either.

Jesus Christ Chaos.

Comment

Working...
                X