Kaspersky suddenly started flagging vrol.exe as a trojan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaspersky suddenly started flagging vrol.exe as a trojan

Today Kaspersky started flagging vrol.exe as a trojan and as a result I couldn't use V-Ray. Please see the screenshots attached. I had to add the C:\Program Files\Chaos\VRLService folder to the exclusion list and reinstall the License Server to make V-Ray work again. Can you please check this and work this problem out with Kaspersky?

Click image for larger version

Name:	vray_malware_1.webp
Views:	543
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	1183176 Click image for larger version

Name:	vray_malware_2.webp
Views:	471
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	1183177 Click image for larger version

Name:	vray_malware_3.webp
Views:	474
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	1183178 Click image for larger version

Name:	vray_malware_4.webp
Views:	477
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	1183179
    Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Hi,

I've been getting the same thing - happened to me around the same time as yours.

Here are my two screen grabs;

The first one was yesterday afternoon and I reinstalled the Licence Server and today I get the 2nd screengrab.

Attached Files
    Jez

------------------------------------
    3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
    ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

same problem here too

Comment

same problem, i had to disable kaspersky​

Comment

Same probleem

Comment

Same problem

(Postscript)
            The problem seems to be happening only with chaos license server 6.0.1 and V-Ray 6 for Rhino, update 1 (May, 31, 2023) on my PC environment.
            I reinstalled with V-Ray 6 for Rhino, hotfix 3 using chaos license server 6.0.0 and the problem did not occur.​
            Attached Files
            Last edited by kurosawa_kawaraten; 12-06-2023, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Same issue, file Vrol.exe was deleted by Endpoint security in my work PC.

Name:	image.png
Views:	378
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1183222Click image for larger version

Views:	394
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1183223

​​

Comment

Hi,
                same problem here.

Name:	KasperkyError.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	1183228
                Windows 10 - RTX 3090 - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 128 Go RAM
                Sketchup PRO 23.0.419 + V-Ray 6.20.02
                3DS Max 2024.2.1 + V-Ray 6.20.06
                Chaos Vantage 2.3.0
                GeForce Studio Ready Driver Version 546.01​

Comment

Hi there
                  same here

Views:	350
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	1183253

Comment

I think this is related to Chaos License tool? we have V-ray for C4D and it start hapenning yesterday
                    should we ignore the antivirus?
                    thanks

Comment

Have the same problem with version 6.0.1 of the V-Ray license server. uninstalled it and downloaded 6.0.0 and now it works again. wonder why it is seen as a virus though

Comment

Тhat is a false positive detection and I can assure you there are no trojans or viruses in our software provided you have downloaded it from our official site. The problem is with the latest updates from Kaspersky. We got in touch with them, but you can also submit a false positive report by contacting their customer support as shown here:
                        https://support.kaspersky.com/common/error/other/15332
                        At the moment, you can either disable or uninstall Kaspersky until they apply a "fix" for this.​
                        Kostadin Botev

Technical Support Representative
                        Contact Support

Chaos

Comment

i have same issue with 3ds max 2024 vray 6. today at 5 pm asia time, vray license was deleted by kaspersky with a notification mentioning trojan. Post that, i tried downloading offline access file named "office.bin" but there is no proper information anywheer as to how to use it. i am stuck. please help on this urgently since we have a deadline tomorrow.
                          i have uninstalled kaspersky and now i have error 198.

Comment

Same problem. I can no longer render. Tried re-installing Vray, pausing Kaspersky, etc. Nothing is working. Need a way to solve this ASAP.

Comment

As I said the problem is with Kaspersky so the best way to deal with it is to submit false positive reports to their customer support. Remember that when you uninstall Kaspersky you need to reinstall the license server, it won't work if you don't do that as Kaspersky removes the exe.
                              Edit: I just tested with the latest definition update from Kaspersky and vrol.exe is no longer detected as malware so you may need to update your definitions.
                              Last edited by kostadin.botev; 13-06-2023, 04:09 AM.
                              Kostadin Botev

Technical Support Representative
                              Contact Support

Chaos

Comment

Working...
                              X