Vantage 2 License expired even though I renewed within expiry date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantage 2 License expired even though I renewed within expiry date

It was mentioned in chaos website that chaos vantage 2 will be continued upon renewing the existing license within expiry date. My license expiry date was june 29th 2023 and i renewed on same date, but chaos vantage 2 license is not working for the same.

Please help me with the same. My vendor has issued me a trial license for 30 days instead of renewing with old license with vantage 2. i trust chaos group team will help me with the same

Vantage 2 should be part of vray premium since i renewed within expiry date, but somehow it s not showing

Comment

Same here and I haven't heard back on my ticket. I did read in another thread, that they are working out license issues.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Our licenses disappeared as well.(two Vantage license under Vray Premium subscription purchased before release of 2.0)
        What the hell Chaos, this is unacceptable in production environment. Means Vantage is simply not production ready if we cannot depend on it.

Comment

This is what I got from support:

It appears you misunderstood a salient point. At the shipment of Vantage 2, licenses for it were granted to match what people had in their active Premium subscription. If you had a day let, then you only got a license for a day, but if you had 1-3 years left, you got a 1-3 year license. This is why we were encouraging people to renew their subscription early so they would get a longer Vantage 2 license without any additional expense. Renewing a subscription early prorates the cost based upon how much time you have left on your active subscription, so you're not paying double for any overlapping time when doing so.

I guess auto-renew doesn't count? We were supposed to renew early? Before my premium expired I emailed support asking what I should do, and I got no response, so I let mine auto-renew, which killed Vantage.
          Last edited by glorybound; 20-07-2023, 12:58 PM.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Hi glorybound ,
            Sounds really unfair in your case? I realised our subscribtion was monthly based, I was of an impression that we have yearly subscribtion (but paid monthly) that would automatically renew and include Vantage for another year. I guess I was wrong.
            Seems like autorenew should defo count in your case though? Dissapointing to hear Chaos wasn't willing to help you out despite your efforts to make it all work for you prior to Vantage 2.0 release...

Comment

I had an annual subscription. However, V2 came out right before my year auto renewed. I also thought if you had an active subscription to Premium, you could keep Vantage until your subscription expired; not forever, but for a cycle. Mine never expired, it was auto-renewed. I even emailed support weeks before it was to auto renew, asking what I needed to do, but I got no response. I purchased a Premium to have Vantage, and they simply removed Vantage, and kept the same price for Premium. I am not sure that is even legal! How can anyone, not even Chaos, see this as anything less that bait and switch?
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Seems clear cut to me. I switched off auto-renew, as I dislike that model, so I would have been fine if I had lost access, as it would have been transparent.

Auto-renew to my mind would count as effectively compliant with their stated conditions for continued Vantage access and any attempt to wriggle out of that should be
                unacceptable.

The entire process looks like an utter mess.
                https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Would you like to ugrade to a combo meal and get fries and drink with your order? Yes please! get to the window, and they remove the fries, but charge you the full combo price.
                  Bobby Parker
                  www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                  • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
                  X