No way to cancel auto renewal on the website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No way to cancel auto renewal on the website

I cannot turn off auto-renewal on my subscription which I do not want to renew. From your support docs:

You can cancel the automatic renewal option at any time before your renewal date by visiting your Chaos Account.
    Go to Products, click on Active Products and select the product of your choice.
    Next to Auto renewal: click on Disable auto renewal. You will see a pop-up window asking you to confirm. Click on Disable auto renewal.
    Access to your license and services will end on your subscription expiration date unless you renew it manually. Learn more about license renewal options.

Screenshot of my "My Products" page shows no button. I have opened a support ticket, auto-renewal happens in days. I need this resolved now.

SUPPORT TICKET: Id #140410

if they do not reply, just remove your billing prefs!

Comment

I have pretty much the exact same problem. When I look at Billing I can't see anything (ie its NOT FOUND). I literally have no option in my licensing dashboard to cancel my license from auto-renewing.
      If they take the money after they 'upgraded' me onto something I never signed up for, I will be livid.

The fact that the ticketing system just says "good luck getting a reply, we are super busy" ok you might just steal your money" is pretty shocking.

I won't deal with any company which behaves this way. This is not acceptable.
      Last edited by tim_lozinski; 04-08-2023, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Running into the same issue as well with the VRay Collection. No way to turn off the Auto Renew option and nothing is showing up in the Billing tab either.

Entered a support ticket a week ago and no reply...

Comment

Same problem here. Can't get a reply and I've been trying for weeks. My V-Ray Premium for Sketchup just auto renewed and I really wanted to upgrade to Sketchup Studio with V-Ray included. Today, the Cancel Auto Renew was finally active after it auto renewed last night. I feel like I'm being scammed. I sent another message and I'm probably going to contest the charge on my CC.

Comment

I have the same problem as well. I followed the FAQ to try to find the button to disable the auto-renew but it wasn't there. I messaged the support but they didn't get back to me and my license was renewed.

The worst part is that now when I look in my Active products tab the disable auto-renew IS SUDDENLY VISIBLE. I took a screenshot before it renewed and that area was blank and not clickable. I guess it's some sort of bug but it feels extremely scammy. Waiting for support to get back to me as I'd rather avoid contesting the charge – I like the product, I just don't need it right now

Comment

"The auto-renewal cancellation period has ended." meaning if you have less than 30 days prior to your day, you can't cancel the auto-renewal.

Last edited by svetlin_stoyanov; 12-10-2023, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Hi. I purchased "one year" of V-Ray Premium on Aug 29, 2022. My receipt message says nothing about this sale being a subscription that will automatically renew. The amount for this one year product was $694.80. There is no receipt in my account dashboard for this purchase.

On Aug 29, 2023 I received an email for "Order information" for Chaos Vantage - Annual, with no mention of a price or charge to be made on my credit card. By the way, I never purchased or wanted Vantage, I don't even know what it is.

On Aug 29, 2023, I received another email for an "Order information" (no mention of this being a purchase or a charge) for V-ray Premium - annual. This product I am familiar with because I purchased in a year previous. But this email makes no mention that I am being charged nor that this was triggered from a subscription that I opted into - WHICH I DID NOT.

On Aug 31, 2023, I received a "Payment Received" email stating that you've received my $684.90 payment (as if I sent/approved it, which i didn't). This was for V-Ray Premuim annual. This is a fraudulent charge and to add to the fraud, The amount actually charged to my card from ENSCAPED3D.com was for $1,353.60.

In my account dashboard there no mention of price for these products on the product page, and there was not (until recently) any way to see that these were subscriptions that would auto-renew. PLEASE SEE YOUR CUSTOMER FORUM THREAD WITH MANY COMPLAINTS ON THE SAME ISSUE: https://forums.chaos.com/forum/licen...on-the-website

In my account dashboard, there is only one invoice listed, Aug 20, 2023 and it shows 2 products being renewed totaling $1,353.60. There is no invoice for my original purchase on Aug, 20, 2022.

REFUND the $1,353.60 from invoice INV01118051 immediately. If i do not hear confirmation from CHAOS by Friday Oct, 6, 2023, I will call my bank and file a fraudulent charge claim with them. I will also be posting this to the forum link above and I will share this information in all channels and I will file a complaint with the FTC.

SHAME ON YOUR COMPANY. I know times are tough, but this is flat out wrong.
                Last edited by clark_stiles; 03-10-2023, 09:32 AM.

Comment

I am sure it isn’t anything malicious on Chaos’s part, but I understand your frustration. Every place wants auto renew enabled, saying it helps the end user. Recently, I paid $5 for a PDF and got caught up into am $85 autorenewal; I was furious. If you saw Chaos's revenue, they are not hurting for money .
                  Bobby Parker
                  www.bobby-parker.com
                  e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                  phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                  • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                  • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                  • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Any update on this? Last year I canceled my corona license a day or two before expiry and took out a new one on black friday for the discount (as many people do).

This year I don’t need a license as I use my work machine for everything, but I can't cancel now and I will get charged for a whole new year for a product I won’t use???

Would be really good to understand what is going to happen now to everyone who didn’t realize this.​

Comment

Edit:
                      I just received the response and my issue has been resolved.

Did you get any response from them? My auto-renew didn't take money at first from my account, I received an invoice with "pay on delivery" note, so I sent a bank transfer. Same day in the evening, the auto-renew charged my Paypal. No response from them for a week, tried calling their phone - "No Company represtntative is available at this time". Like the entire Chaos office just disappeared.
                      Last edited by jakub_smietana; 04-12-2023, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X