License Server Fail to Activate: cant reach localhost 30304 or 127.0.0.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License Server Fail to Activate: cant reach localhost 30304 or 127.0.0.1

I submitted a ticket already but I'm at the third round of interviews for a job I really want and I need to turn in a render by Sunday to make it to the next round so I'm kind of freaking out so hoping someone has some advice. I can not find a way to reactivate my VRay license for Rhino. Here's the things I've done so far on top of what was prescribed in the troubleshooting pages and in this forum:
    1. Disabled my firewall and uninstalled all antivirus related software.
    2. Uninstall Vray and all Chaos software, and deleting all associated program files and app data files. I also wiped everything Rhino related off my computer, then reinstalled everything.
    3. Tried all sorts of fixes from other forums like deleting certain app data files and program files before a clean install of Chaos License Server
    4. Made sure that my email for my Rhino license matches the one on my Chaos account
    5. Installed previous versions of Chaos License Server
    At the moment I'm creating a backup drive because my next step is reinstalling windows and starting from scratch but I'm really hoping to avoid it.

Forgot to add: I'm using Windows 10

Comment

It will be best to submit a support ticket using the link in my signature. For request type chose Technical assistance starting the product.
      Kostadin Botev

Technical Support Representative
      Contact Support

Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by stephen_fay View Post
        I submitted a ticket already but I'm at the third round of interviews for a job I really want and I need to turn in a render by Sunday to make it to the next round so I'm kind of freaking out so hoping someone has some advice. I can not find a way to reactivate my VRay license for Rhino. Here's the things I've done so far on top of what was prescribed in the troubleshooting pages and in this forum:
        1. Disabled my firewall and uninstalled all antivirus related software.
        2. Uninstall Vray and all Chaos software, and deleting all associated program files and app data files. I also wiped everything Rhino related off my computer, then reinstalled everything.
        3. Tried all sorts of fixes from other forums like deleting certain app data files and program files before a clean install of Chaos License Server
        4. Made sure that my email for my Rhino license matches the one on my Chaos account
        5. Installed previous versions of Chaos License Server
        At the moment I'm creating a backup drive because my next step is reinstalling windows and starting from scratch but I'm really hoping to avoid it.

Hello, Have you solved it out please? I am having the same issue. Thank you

Comment

So I ended up having to reinstall my OS and start over. But here's all the fixes suggested by support so hopefully you wont have to. I'll just quote their emails:

First email
          I would recommend a new clean installation of your License server.

Uninstall the current Chaos license server (from Control Panel -->Programs and features), then open Windows Explorer (any folder on your PC) and type:

%appdata%​
          Click image for larger version  Name:	email1.png Views:	0 Size:	46.0 KB ID:	1197130
          Hit enter and navigate to -> Chaos and make sure that there is no VRLService folder inside. If there is one - delete it.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	email2.png Views:	0 Size:	32.5 KB ID:	1197131
          Also, check C:\Program files\Common files\Chaosgroup and delete the ssl folder if there is one.

After that login to our website, download and install the Chaos license server from the link below:
          https://download.chaosgroup.com/?platform=47&product=48
          During the installation click on Advanced and untick the box "Activate during installation" and click on Install now.
          After the installation is finished open http://localhost:30304 in your web browser and activate the Online licensing with your email. After that, you should see your licenses.​

Second Email:
          It's possible that Windows cannot generate a UUID of your system for some reason.
          Please, run the .bat file that I am attaching here as an Administrator.
          After you execute the file, try to access your License server.​

(Here's a link to those files he attached.)
          https://wetransfer.com/downloads/289213bcf48e6beb54be3d8bdfee9a0720231209204031/1b816127289e34c57d41ecff179cc2ad20231209204031/d757d9

I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by rudolf_lesnak View Post

Just realized that my post didn't properly tag you.

Comment

Hello stephen_fay​,
              can you reupload .bat file? I have similar problem as you.
              Thank you.

Comment

I used the solution that nikolay.simeonov gave on the forum in another thread and the problem was solved in my case

The Chaos license server requires Windows to be able to generate its UUID (Universally unique identifier) in order to work. If Windows cannot generate its UUID the Chaos license server will not be able to start. It seems like the problem stems from there

Please check if your OS can generate the UUID, open Command Prompt (CMD) and use the following command wmic csproduct get UUID

If Windows cannot generate the UUID, please open Command Prompt with Administrator privileges and use the commands listed in the following article one after the other:

https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/a...erate-its-UUID

Reinstall the Chaos license server afterwards and try to access http://localhost:30304. If this doesn't help or Windows can generate the UUID but the issue is still present, please open a ticket so that we can contact you directly. You can download the server from the following link

Comment

Working...
                X