Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT!!!! Wrong credit card and amount charged for 5 Vray company licenses

Hello,

i am absolutelly furious writing this so pardon the tone.
    Ive been paying customer of vray for close to two decades now and something like this has never happened before.

Basically this happened:

I started getting outstanding payment emails from Chaos, very misleading ones because they were from Enscape, which i never crossed with.
    So i did not care because i get such scam fake emails all the time.
    After 4th or 5th one, i looked at my Chaos account and indeed there was invoice "Enscape" for 3.663 EUR including VAT
    When i clicked this, inside there were hiding items with Vray licenses etc and payment to Enscape Germany!!!!!!
    Mind you, i never ever received invoce to my account in such state before!
    Before all the payments were direct with invoices being sent to my email and they payed with wire transfer!
    If you look in you database, youll find, that the invoice is missing many important information.
    1st of all its missing all the company info and EU VAT number!!!! Yes!!! We are Czech company we shoudl not be charged with VAT within the EU zone.
    After spotting this, i ve done two things.
    First i wrote 2 emails to support with NO REPLY!
    Ticket numbers: 187004 and 186985

Secondly, i type my account all the company infor and VAT number AGAIN!!!! Because someone has deleted it ..unsure if it was your system or someone but all the account info and billing was VOID!
    After this i filled in the BILLING INFO, used PayPal and set the COMPANY CREDIT CARD as the default one, because obviously its the company card of Pixelbox, which uses the licenses and also it has EUR account attached to it.

AND NOW COMES THE TOTALLY RIDICULOUS PART!!!!!!!

YOU not only did not reply to my complaints about wrong invoice amoutna and missing company credentials/VAT
    You have charged my personal PayPal card, instead the company one!!!!! JESUS CHRIST!!! with 3.663 EUR including CZK/EUR transfer fees totalling 93.924 CZK!!!!
    MY PERSONAL CARD!
    I am not buying licenses from you!!! My company is!!! For AGES!

You charged the wrong person, wrong amount.....shitloads of money RIGHT before Cristmas when i got loads of other personal things to pay.

You need to correct this immediatelly!
    Return the money to my account and do a full refund including the transfer and CZK/EUR fees...93.924,- CZK
    After that, send me the corrected invoce using our company credentials and amount corrected excluding VAT!!!
    Once you do this, i will do immediate wire transfer from the companys PIXELBOX EUR account.

Please, someone has to take care of this ASAP because this is a HUGE mistake on your end.
    If this is not sorted within tomorrow, i am filling complaint with PayPal + i will immediatelly liase with the company lawyer.

Thanks
    M

Last edited by PIXELBOX_SRO; 13-12-2023, 03:16 PM.
    Martin
    http://www.pixelbox.cz

OMG! I am reading more and more of these types of posts. What the heck is going on? I, too, have gotten strange invoice reminders that I have ignored. I now have to go look into my accounts to see if anything was grabbed.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I have had the same going on since may this year. Wrong invoicing, currency issues, upgrade issues because I am a EU company that ordered one product in US, etc.
      I am so tired of this that I just stopped my Corona license and did not upgrade my VRay rendernodes, and am not even thinking about starting Vantage. So started using alternatives and am not that unhappy about these. I currently am still invoiced in USD instead of EURO... and that has been going on for more than half a year.
      What I was afraid of since Chaos went full subscription has become reality: quality control has left the building...in support...in the financial department..and also the number of bugs and inconsistencies in latest v6 releases worry me bigtime...let alone the workflow issues I am reading about between Vantage releases....I still love working in VRay5...but am afraid to start using v6.
      A once so much loved product just has become total CHAOS

Comment

Its a total mess.
        Still no reaction from anyone competent.

Up until February i was getting invoiced directly by 2Check Financial Support and invoice went to Verifone Payments BV dba 2Checkout. Its been like that for years and i was used to it.
        Now the payment was to Enscape Germany, its miraculously automatic somehow, no invoices into my email, only some OUTSTANDING BALANCE info leading to Enscape, which i never done any business before.
        Misleading as hell.

WITH OUT ANY NOTICE, they changed the company filing invoices.
        In any normal B2B parnership, a serious company does this. Because this is how its done and serves for safety reason.
        NO SAFETY policy at Chaos.

If this happened with one license, i wold not be so furious but 5 plus two rendernodes???? Its loads of money.
        I am deffinitelly going back to working with reseller once this episode is over. I want to deal with a company not bloody robots.

PS:
        whats even worse is that at this point due to this master FUCKUP...... PIXELBOX as a company has unpaid licenses, is using vray illegaly, because it has no proof of purchase and myself, MARTIN ZMESKAL as a person, has been charged for licenses, which he has not ordered and has not use for...
        FIX THIS FOR GODS SAKE ASAP!!!!!!

Last edited by PIXELBOX_SRO; 13-12-2023, 11:26 PM.
        Martin

Comment

Wow...how embarrassing for Chaos.
          I luckily cancelled my subscription when the whole Vantage/Premium pricing thing occurred, yet this still has me worried that their system will 'interpret' the account as still owing money somehow.

So, my sympathies for your clearly anxious/angry situation but thanks for the heads-up that this is ongoing and obviously far more serious than just some merger teething problems.

My problem is that I now cannot safely pay for a solo license when mine runs out shortly, leaving me without a renderer....hmmm
          https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Wow...again, thanks for this timely post.
            It made me go and check my Chaos account and although I'd not been charged/overcharged, it had re-enabled my subscription renewal, which I had disabled/cancelled months ago.

I'm noting this here for reference, should it 'magically' be reset again.

It also has reset my personal info so that there is now...none!....no billing address, no invoices...it's like they just wiped a database or something.
            If I hadn't noticed then that 'furious user' list would have increased by one.
            What a shambles.
            https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Dear Martin,

I hope this message finds you well. First and foremost, I want to express my sincere apologies for any inconvenience or confusion you might have experienced regarding your subscription renewals and the billing process. Please find below more details on your raised request:

We have responded to your tickets providing detailed information regarding the situation. Your subscriptions were renewed in August and the invoice was successfully paid using the payment method you added to your account.

Furthermore, we have initiated a refund for the full amount and included the VAT ID on the new invoice. Additionally, I would like to notify you that we have informed all of our customers about the change in the billing entity.

To ensure the security of your account, the payment method has been removed and will not be used for any future invoices. You have the option to either add the correct payment details or choose to pay via bank transfer.

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Wishing you a wonderful day!​

Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
              Hello,

i am absolutelly furious writing this so pardon the tone.
              Ive been paying customer of vray for close to two decades now and something like this has never happened before.

Basically this happened:

I started getting outstanding payment emails from Chaos, very misleading ones because they were from Enscape, which i never crossed with.
              So i did not care because i get such scam fake emails all the time.
              After 4th or 5th one, i looked at my Chaos account and indeed there was invoice "Enscape" for 3.663 EUR including VAT
              When i clicked this, inside there were hiding items with Vray licenses etc and payment to Enscape Germany!!!!!!
              Mind you, i never ever received invoce to my account in such state before!
              Before all the payments were direct with invoices being sent to my email and they payed with wire transfer!
              If you look in you database, youll find, that the invoice is missing many important information.
              1st of all its missing all the company info and EU VAT number!!!! Yes!!! We are Czech company we shoudl not be charged with VAT within the EU zone.
              After spotting this, i ve done two things.
              First i wrote 2 emails to support with NO REPLY!
              Ticket numbers: 187004 and 186985

Secondly, i type my account all the company infor and VAT number AGAIN!!!! Because someone has deleted it ..unsure if it was your system or someone but all the account info and billing was VOID!
              After this i filled in the BILLING INFO, used PayPal and set the COMPANY CREDIT CARD as the default one, because obviously its the company card of Pixelbox, which uses the licenses and also it has EUR account attached to it.

AND NOW COMES THE TOTALLY RIDICULOUS PART!!!!!!!

YOU not only did not reply to my complaints about wrong invoice amoutna and missing company credentials/VAT
              You have charged my personal PayPal card, instead the company one!!!!! JESUS CHRIST!!! with 3.663 EUR including CZK/EUR transfer fees totalling 93.924 CZK!!!!
              MY PERSONAL CARD!
              I am not buying licenses from you!!! My company is!!! For AGES!

You charged the wrong person, wrong amount.....shitloads of money RIGHT before Cristmas when i got loads of other personal things to pay.

You need to correct this immediatelly!
              Return the money to my account and do a full refund including the transfer and CZK/EUR fees...93.924,- CZK
              After that, send me the corrected invoce using our company credentials and amount corrected excluding VAT!!!
              Once you do this, i will do immediate wire transfer from the companys PIXELBOX EUR account.

Please, someone has to take care of this ASAP because this is a HUGE mistake on your end.
              If this is not sorted within tomorrow, i am filling complaint with PayPal + i will immediatelly liase with the company lawyer.

Thanks
              M

Comment

Hello!

I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the cancellation of your subscriptions. After reviewing your account, I can confirm that the auto-renewal of both subscriptions is disabled. This means that they will be automatically cancelled once the end date is reached. You will not be charged for any further subscription periods unless you choose to reactivate the auto-renewal option. If you require additional information or assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our support team through our form here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Have a great day!

Originally posted by fixeighted View Post
                Wow...again, thanks for this timely post.
                It made me go and check my Chaos account and although I'd not been charged/overcharged, it had re-enabled my subscription renewal, which I had disabled/cancelled months ago.

I'm noting this here for reference, should it 'magically' be reset again.

It also has reset my personal info so that there is now...none!....no billing address, no invoices...it's like they just wiped a database or something.
                If I hadn't noticed then that 'furious user' list would have increased by one.
                What a shambles.

Comment

Things got moving and everything seems to be on the right track.
                  Received email from PayPal that money is on the way back and should land on the 18th (which is funny because we i got charged, money left instantly LOL)
                  This still may be a bit of a problem for me, because i ve got some monthly allowances for my account + have to pay for mortgage (quite a lot) so until 18th, i have to pump somehow 90K from elsewhere into my account...Just so you appreciate what it means charging a personal, not company card

Apology received and accepted, thanks.

At the same time, i received corrected invoice and setup a credid card method for payment. Up to you when you charge that card. Please let me know if there were any issues with it.

-----

note for everyone reading this!!!!
                  There seem s to be a problem when you have more than one card linked to PayPal.
                  Unsure if this was cause by ther Chaos payment portal or if this was on PayPals end or somewhere in between on software side, but the payment went from the card first on the list, rather than from the one i selected for the payment.

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by fixeighted View Post
                    Ya, their system definitely has some bugs in it. I believe something similar happened to our account. Our subscription was never auto renewed in the past three months (and therefore canceled at the worst time) because the account had no billing info saved anymore. It's on a company card so I don't know when money goes out (or not in this case). I also never got any emails about missed payment until the day or two before cancelation. Nothing was in spam/junk/or deleted email. I checked. All I got last week was one email that I had "14 days left" to submit payment. But when I went to update payment, I couldn't because the billing portion of the website was broken for my account. I contacted support and immediately my subscription was canceled. So, I didn't have 14 days after all. When I was finally able to update the billing info in my account, it was completely empty. It also took seven days to fix this issue. For seven days I couldn't do my job. Boss was not happy.
                    Paul

Comment

I am having a similar issue, for a lot less money, but still not a great situation.

Basically its like their system kept declining my credit card when trying to purchase chaos cloud credits. Then I go and look at my cloud portal and notice i have 1500 credits, but they are not usable!

There are two problems here:

1. I am about to lose the job I am working on because I cannot render my animation since I cannot buy credits, or rather I can, but they are not actually usable.

2. If the cost of the 1500 credits clears on my credit card I will be charged 1400 euro, which is more than this little animation is worth.

Really disappointing as I had a feeling that the merger with Enscape would lead to issues such as this and here we are!

Chaos support has been amazing in the past and helped me immediately with issues i have had whether they were technical or account related but now my ticket is just sitting there not being answered while the deadline approaches.

Comment

Working...
                      X