Running license server on Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running license server on Linux

Im finding very little info on getting vray license server running on Linux, I guess thats because people doing that are generally more knowledgeable than me in the area.
    Anyways, Im trying to run the license server on a debian linux computer. What Im failing to do is running it as service, starting /user/Chaos/VRLservice/vrls from the shell works and I can access the server from other computers, however it does not seem to want to run automatically.

I ran /usr/Chaos/VRLService/bin/registerLicenseServerAsService and it gives me no error but theres something not working.

journalctl -u vrlservice
    ​gives me:
    ● vrlservice.service loaded failed failed Chaos License Server

journalctl -u vrlservice
    gives me:
    Feb 07 16:44:35 linuxserver systemd[1]: Started vrlservice.service - Chaos License Server.
    Feb 07 16:44:35 linuxserver (vrls)[930]: vrlservice.service: Failed to determine user credentials: No such process
    Feb 07 16:44:35 linuxserver (vrls)[930]: vrlservice.service: Failed at step USER spawning /usr/Chaos/VRLService/vrls: No such process
    Feb 07 16:44:35 linuxserver systemd[1]: vrlservice.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=217/USER
    Feb 07 16:44:35 linuxserver systemd[1]: vrlservice.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Im guessing its an issue with what user is running the service but I don't know what it should be or how to set it. Or maybe its something completely different.

Any help?

When you install the license server make sure you are not doing it with the root account. Use chmod 777 on the installer then run the installation. The service will not start if there are no rights with the current user.
    Last edited by kostadin.botev; 09-02-2024, 02:29 AM.
    Kostadin Botev

Technical Support Representative
    Contact Support

Chaos

Comment

Working...
    X