-198 All licenses for this product are currently engaged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -198 All licenses for this product are currently engaged

First time I have ever had this problem, and I tried searching but seems like I can't find much info. Yesterday I was just rendering fine on Cinema4D, but today, I tried to render and this window keeps popping up. I went check on the license management but it stated that my license is fine: 1 available, 0 in use. I redownloaded Corona, redownload license manager on my laptop and nothing changed.
    FYI, I'm using a student license but I don't know if the problem has anything to do with that. The AI chat bot wasn't very helpful so I don't think many have come across this problem either. Please help!

Hello there!

Please follow this link and submit a support ticket so we can investigate this

https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Nikolay Dimov

Technical Support Representative
    Contact Support- https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Chaos​​

Comment

I think I might have the same issue. What should I do to keep on working?

Comment

There are two possible reasons for that error. First there are simply not enough licenses on the server right now (someone else is using them or you just forgot V-Ray opened on another machine if you only have one license) second you have installed version of V-Ray for which you don't have licenses. If you have V-Ray 5 licenses for example you can't use V-Ray 6 with them etc.
        Kostadin Botev

Contact Support

Chaos

Comment

Thanks,

I have Max running only in my main workstation. I can render, but I don't have access to the rendering settings.

On license server I can see, that there's one license in use and it's in use on the same workstation where I'm trying to use it and which gives me this error message. So the license is already in use by the workstation which gives the error message that the license is already engaged and not available on the workstation where it's engaged.

Comment

Use the link in my signature and submit a support ticket. For Request type chose Technical assistance starting the product, we need to take a look at the issue more closely and the public forum is not a place for sharing account info.
            Kostadin Botev

Contact Support

Chaos

Comment

Thanks Kostadin,

I sent my request by following the link.

Comment

Working...
              X