Borrow License from Network License USB Dongle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borrow License from Network License USB Dongle

I have a network license vray 3 seats. I use license by USB Dongle, I install it on server computer and attached usb on server computer, then i have 3 workstation connect to server and use this vray license. So now my question that I have one workstation go out my LAN network, and how do can i borrow one license seat for that computer using by internet or some way?
    Please show me the way! Thanks you very much.

If all licenses are on a USB dongle - you'd need to set up а VPN to access the license over the Internet to the license server computer in your internal network. Another option would be to transfer 1 license on a separate dongle (if you have one).
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi,

I have a USB Dongle with several vray-standalone Licenses on it. At the moment the dongle is connected to my workstation. This is working fine!

But I want to use one of the stand alone licenses on a render-node in a different network, that is not located in the same location as my workstation.
      I followed the manual and installed everything, but I'm not able to get it running.

Do I have to change something in the License-Server-Settings (in the "connection" tab?) (please take look on the screenshot)? if yes, could you please describe it?

I tried by changing the ip-adress in the client renderNode-license Settings, but it does't get a licence connection.

Most often I get this error: Could not obtain a license (-9

Do you have some suggestions to tackle this problem?

Thank you for your answer!

Kind regards!

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ilkad View Post
        But I want to use one of the stand alone licenses on a render-node in a different network, that is not located in the same location as my workstation.

Do I have to change something in the License-Server-Settings (in the "connection" tab?) (please take look on the screenshot)? if yes, could you please describe it?

I tried by changing the ip-adress in the client renderNode-license Settings, but it does't get a licence connection.

Most often I get this error: Could not obtain a license ( -98 )
        You don't have to change the license server settings in that configuration. Mind that the license server uses TCP port 30304 to redistribute licenses in the internal network, so - it should be available for incoming and outgoing traffic between the license server and your workstans and render nodes, meaning that you should have working routing between the networks and no firewall should block the license server.

A few things you can check:
        - Try accessing the license server from the render node machine - http://IP_ADDRESS:30304 in the internet browser (where IP_ADDRESS is the ip address of the license server machine) - you should be able to reach the status page
        - Check on the computer with the dongle and on the slave machine if port 30304 is allowed for incoming and outgoing traffic if you have a firewall enabled
        - Check if you have the same V-Ray build installed on the render slave as the one on the workstation machine
        Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Thank you for your help! In my case the firewall was the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X