Licensing Problems - Online Licensing not working - Orange Square

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licensing Problems - Online Licensing not working - Orange Square

In the notifications it says request failed. Restarting. I have internet access and I am currently typing on the computer with the same problem. What can I do?

Thanks.

Edit:

I also need my Borrowed License deactivated...I was trying to see if it worked and this all happened...

I already have it on the firewall as well.

Edit:

I changed my password recently...so maybe it caused a problem.

Maybe the "online authorization setting" is wrong?

I put my login information from the website
    Last edited by Daniel_Ray; 13-11-2017, 03:53 AM.

Hello Daniel,

I released your borrowed licenses and they should be available on your localhost page (localhost:30304). Please make sure that you have installed the latest V-Ray license server 4.4.1. and that you have correctly set the V-Ray license settings. You can download the license server and see how to change your settings from the following links:

https://download.chaosgroup.com/?product=48

https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...cense+Settings

Please send screenshots from your localhost page to support@chaosgroup.com, if you continue to experience issues.
    Nikolay Simeonov

Technical Support Representative
    support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

Sorry I'm an idiot... Changing my password online caused the issues and support told me I had to uninstall the OLS and delete the common files so I could re enter the password upon when I installed again. Working now.

Comment

Changing the password may cause login issues if you have the old one remembered in the browser, but deactivating a license server instance from my.chaosgroup.com requires you to delete the certificates manually to re-activate it.
        Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

I'm just going to piggyback here, I have purchased an EDU license and have used it previously on my laptop but when I attempted to use it on my desktop(logged off laptop and checked my.chaosgroup.com to make sure license was available) it said it could not get license. Went back to laptop and it began having the same issue. Now I cannot use vray for rhino on either of my computers and it says that i have my license available. I have attached screen shots of the license page, license server page, and the rhino error. Any suggestions on what could be causing this problem finding the "GUI license?"
          Attached Files

Comment

Try uninstalling the license server.
            After that - delete the "ssl" folder, located under:

Windows - C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup
            MAC - /Users/"user name"/.ChaosGroup/
            Linux - /home/"user name"/.ChaosGroup

Reinstall the license server and log in with your username - https://download.chaosgroup.com/down...dalone-451-adv

When you use online licensing it's not necessary to deactivate the license server on a certain machine to activate it on another - just install the license server on the other and activate it by logging in. If you Deactivate a license server from my.chaosgroup.com - you mark its certificates as invalid and you'd have to manually delete them on the computer for the certificates to be renewed.
            Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
            X