Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error transferring WibuKey Remote Programming Update file

Hi,

my colleague has recently ordered an upgrade from V-Ray 2.0 for Sketchup to V-Ray 3 Workstation for Sketchup.
    Our reseller has provided an RTU-file to upgrade the Wibukey, but sadly that doens't seem to work.

When the tool is launched, even as a local or domain administrator, the following message appears: Error transferring WibuKey Remote Programming Update file.
    We contacted bot our ICT support team and the resellers, both of which can't seem to help us.

On this workstation Sketchup/VRay and ArchiCad (which uses a CodeMeter key) have been working alongside one antoher for a considerable time.

Workstation info: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v2 / 16 GB RAM / x64 / Windows 10 Pro

As my colleague needs to finalize his project a quick fix would be greatly appreciated.

Greetz...

Johan

Hello Johan,

Please perform a clean installation of the WibuKey Runtime driver following these steps:

1. Unplug the USB dongle
    2. Download the attached file and rename it from "Wibu_clean_uninstall.txt" to "Wibu_clean_uninstall.bat". After that right click on it and choose "Run as administrator"
    3. Restart the computer
    4. Download the drivers from the link below and install them with admin rights (rigt-click->run as administrator):
    https://www.wibu.com/downloads-user-...load/3355.html
    5. Plug the dongle back in and wait until the it's recognized by the OS
    6. Try to start the license server and update me on the result

If this does not help you, please send us a message on support@chaosgroup.com with screenshots of the error message and a little explanation about the issue.
    Attached Files
    Nikolay Simeonov

Technical Support Representative
    support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

Message gone wrong...
      Last edited by johanatr; 23-11-2017, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Nikolay,

There is something going wrong with attaching the images I believe, and I can't seem to fix it in the post. So just to be save.

Johan

Comment

Hi Johan,

From the information you gave me, it seems that your dongle is broken. Please contact us on support@chaosgroup.com and attach the files you gave me here, we would also need the broken dongle serial number. We will give you a temporary solution and send you a replacement dongle.
          Nikolay Simeonov

Technical Support Representative
          support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi Nikolay,

As requested I've attached the necessary files to the support ticket.
            Would it be possible to advance our support ticket please? We are in urgent need of a solution.

Ticket n?: 035-560-672 FW: Welcome to your Upgrade from V-Ray 2.0 for SketchUp to V-Ray 3 Workstation for SketchUp

Johan

Comment

Working...
            X