PDPlayer Save settings as default?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDPlayer Save settings as default?

I've sort of ignored this for a long time but today after checking "Automatic Update" & "Watch for new frames" for the ten-thousandth time, I hurriedly mashed keys to bring me to the forums for some assistance.

The help file references the text file "pdplayer.cmdline.txt" and the command: "--transient, --transient={0,1} Start Pdplayer in transient mode, that is, do not save settings on exit"

I tried several ham-handed text line tweaks to that file which resulted in no change, most certainly due to the fact that I don't know what the hell I'm doing lol

Any guidance on how to get PDPlayer to retain settings would be most appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Any help out there for a noob, hello... anyone?

Or can anyone please confirm if they are able to get PDPlayer to retain their settings?

Thanks,

Comment

I already replied on your ticket but just wanted to update the same information here.
      The Layer settings can’t be saved, just the Global ones.
      Kristina Georgieva
      Technical Support
      support@chaosgroup.com
      Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by Kristina.Georgieva View Post
        I already replied on your ticket but just wanted to update the same information here.
        The Layer settings can’t be saved, just the Global ones.
        Thank you for your help!

Comment

Any chance that this functionality could be added, I'm sure other users would appreciate the ability to have settings be persistent? Last update was Mar, 10 2014, maybe this addition could be the final Form Blazing Sword version of PDPlayer?

Thanks again!
          Last edited by zero-13; 27-08-2018, 10:58 AM.

Comment

I have discussed that with our PDPlayer developer, hopefully he'll find a way to implement it.
            Will keep you posted.
            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

This is fantastic news! Thank you all for your help!

Comment

svetlozar.draganov Just checking in to see if you had heard back about this?

Another question I had is, what is the possibility of including PDPlayer with V-Ray?

I ask this for the sake of people who have never used PDPlayer and experienced it's awesomeness as well as the added value it would add having it bundled along with V-Ray.

Being able to preview EXR sequences as they render out is invaluable, the player is just so robust. The thought was that including it with V-Ray would perhaps incentivize PDPlayer's continued development and future updates as well as add great added value to the V-Ray license?

Comment

Working...
                X