ACES not working in Linux version.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACES not working in Linux version.

ACES is simply not working in the Linux build.
    When right clicking underneath the Lookup Table field and applying default OCIO configuration nothing happens.

On windows, I get a new Lookup table called ACES - ACEScg, ACES, SRGB. But on Linux version it never gets added.

Please advise on how to get it working.

I have emailed your support, but haven't gotten a reply.

Br,
    Hampus
    ​​

Just tried this out and it seems to be working as expected. Not sure what version of PDPlayer are you using, but could you try updating to the latest one and try again?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Alexandar!

Thank you for the reply.

I am using the latest version. (The options are all there, just not getting applied).
      Is there any way to apply ACEScg using the command line?

​​​​​​Br,
      Hampus
      Last edited by hampus_hedberg; 24-02-2020, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Hi again!

I'm attaching a video to show what happens.

Br,
        Hampus
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the provided information and video. I tested setting a lookup table through the 'Apply Default OCIO configuration' option as shown in the video and it seems to work fine; the issue may be in the way your OCIO variable is set.

A few things that you can try:
          1. Manually import the 'config.ocio' file
          2. In a new terminal, set the OCIO environment variable (export OCIO=config.ocio location), start PDPlayer in the same terminal and use the default OCIO configuration option
          3. Permanently add the variable in the user profile
          4. Start PDPlayer with the loaded lookup table via the command line. Use the following code:
          Code:
           'PDPlayer location' 'Exr location' --lookup_table='config.ocio location'
          You can see a full list of command-line references in the technical documentation.

Comment

Hi Aleksandar!

I tried them all.

1. This gives the same result as picking from the menu.
            2. This gives the same result.
            3. This is already set system wide
            4. This gave some interesting hint. The error I get (tried several ocio versions)
            /workspace/color/aces_1.1/luts/Log2_48_nits_Shaper.RRT.sRGB.spi3d' could not be loaded. Not enough entries found.

With aces 1.03 and aces 1.01 I get
            "aces_1.0.3/luts/Log2_48_nits_Shaper_to_linear.spi1d' could not be loaded. Invalid 'From' Tag"
            instead.

I don't know why it automatically tries to apply Log2_48_nits_Shaper.RRT.sRGB , perhaps there's a way to set it to ACESCg -> sRGB via the commandline that I have missed?

Please advise on how to proceed.

Br,
            Hampus
            Last edited by hampus_hedberg; 25-02-2020, 11:28 AM.

Comment

You can set the OCIO settings through the command line as well, like this:
              Code:
               'PDPlayer location' 'Exr location' --lookup_table='config.ocio location',ACES - ACEScg,ACES,sRGB'
              Guess it won't hurt to try to download a fresh ACES configuration and repeat the testing.

Comment

Hi! The command line has an unmatched '

'PDPlayer location' 'Exr location' --lookup_table='config.ocio location',ACES - ACEScg,ACES,sRGB'

Also tried

'PDPlayer location' 'Exr location' --lookup_table='config.ocio location','ACES - ACEScg,ACES,sRGB'

and

'PDPlayer location' 'Exr location' --lookup_table='config.ocio location,ACES - ACEScg,ACES,sRGB'

Tried putting ' at all logical places. Still doesn't work.

I have tried several versions of ACES configurations already, none of them work in pdplayer, all of them work in all other software.

Also tried different (bash,csh), setting LC_LOCALE=C etc to no avail.

Any ideas?

Br,
                Hampus

Comment

Here is the code that works in my tests:
                  Code:
                  '/home/support/Desktop/pdplayer-1.0.7.41-hw/pdplayer/pdplayer64' '/home/support/Desktop/test/acestesttexture.exr' --lookup_table='/home/support/Desktop/test/aces_1.0.3/config.ocio,ACES - ACEScg,ACES,sRGB'
                  Another thing that you can try is:
                  1. Open PDPlayer on another PC (where you can load the OCIO)
                  2. Open an image and load the config.ocio
                  3. Export the composition as a PDPlayer command file (File>Export composition as...)
                  4. Open the file in notepad and adapt the locations to your Linux system
                  5. Execute the command file (FIle>Execute command file...)

Comment

Hi Alexandar!

The commandline results in yet again:
                    /workspace/color/aces_1.1/luts/Log2_48_nits_Shaper.RRT.sRGB.spi3d' could not be loaded. Not enough entries found.

Editing the PD player composition file from a working (windows) machine, yields the same result as the commandline.

Is there any other thing I can help with to make this work?

Br,
                    Hampus

Comment

What kind of Linux distribution are you using? Are you able to load the color profiles in other software? Check if there is permission to access the config files. You've probably done this already, but also try logging out of the system and relog. As a plan B, we may appoint a remote session and investigate further.

Comment

Hi Alexandar!

I had to switch to Mint, as Centos didn't work with my some of my new hardware.
                        After all we've tried, it seems like a distro tied problem.
                        There is no permission problem, and the configuration works in all other software.
                        I have of course logged out and rebooted several times.

Thank you for your valiant efforts of support.

Br,
                        Hampus

Comment

Thanks for the provided information. We managed to reproduce the issue on Mint. I've forwarded the information to our developers for investigation.

Comment

Hi Aleksandar!

Wow, great! It was a long run, but fantastic that the problem seems to have been found.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Br,
                            Hampus

Comment

We found out what was causing the issue - the LC_NUMERIC variable uses regional settings. Set the variable like this and try again:
                              Code:
                              LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
                              You can also try changing the regional settings to use English numerals.

Comment

Working...
                              X