Pdplayer - Page not found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pdplayer - Page not found

Hi!! I'm really fond of Pdplayer as to me it opens instantly vs Chaos Player that takes a little bit and the tab key doesn't always work.

But when I try to run it and click on "Open Lin in Browser", I get redirected to a 404 - page not found.

How can I activate Pdplayer?

Ver best,
    Tomas

Hi there

We've tested pdplayer vs Chaos Player startup times and even if there's a difference, it will be in milliseconds.
    Are you seeing a noticeable slowdown? F.e. taking a few seconds on first start would be checking out the license - in this case I'd suggest you check if by chance you have a primary + alternate license servers setup and the chaos player licenses are on the alternate?

As for the 404 page - which link are you referring to?
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi Alex,

Yes I am noticing a slowdown. Chaos Player takes around 4 seconds to open. It makes sense it could be checking out the license every time I open it.

Regarding Pdplayer, when I click on Hardware License with my IP address nothing happens.

(page 404 was when I clicked dongle which I don't have so never mind that)
      Attached Files

Comment

Can you check your license settings and give me a screenshot? I think I may be able to help with the launch times.
        You can do this by starting "C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\Chaos Player\bin\setvrlservice.exe" or typing "Change Chaos Player License Settings" in the Windows Start menu.

As for the 'open link' button with pdplayer - after we launched Chaos Player in January, all web links were re-directed to chaos.com pages, but it seems we forgot this one.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Thank you Alex,

Here's a screenshot!
          Attached Files

Comment

OK, I though you might have an alternate server set up, but it's just one primary server.
            Unless there's some network delay, I can't think of another reason why it would take a few seconds to fire up.
            The 'hardware' license for pdplayer is basically local, so if you set the Chaos Player license to local (127.0.0.01 but it means you need to install the license server locally too) it will start up as fast as pdplayer.
            An alternative is to install a license server locally, log in with the same account and borrow a chaos player license for offline use (it will borrow one player account from the pool of licenses on your network server).

We have a task in our backlog to add a splash screen that indicates what's going on while starting up, this will at least indicate the reason for the delay, once we get to implement it.
            Alex Yolov
            Product Manager
            www.chaos.com

Comment

Thank you Alex! This makes sense though I'm a bit confused with the terminology.

What would be the one simple step you'd recommend me to do to run this faster?
              Or how to install a license server locally?

Apologies for the lack of knowledge!! I'm very grateful you're answering all this

Comment

Oh, no, my bad for not getting into more details. Before I do that, can you check one more thing for me?
                Do you know if 192.168.0.177 is the network IP of your machine or if it's another network machine where you reach the license server.
                Basically, check your own network IP, you can do this in a windows command-prompt with ipconfig /all and look for the ipv4 address of your wireless or ethernet adapter (depending on whether you use a cable or wireless for your network).
                Alex Yolov
                Product Manager
                www.chaos.com

Comment

Alex I sent you a DM!

Comment

Working...
                  X