Ways to reduce stuttering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways to reduce stuttering

We're using the (32 bit so far) trial of PDP.

I'm facing some serious stuttering while playing back. The CPU is a Q9450 (shouldnt be the issue), the footage is SD, graphics cars is a QuadroFX 1700 with the latest drivers.

The sequence is pre-cached, so no disk traffic occurs while playing back. Setting the "synchronize" options doesnt help, every 20 frames or so I encounter stuttering (like one or two dropped frames, no tearing).

It also occurs when playing the sequence back with 60fps, so it's not a "25fps sequence on a 60fps display"-issue.

Any ideas? Other players on the same syestem dont show that behavior.
    Is there a way to activate a logfile to see where it stumbles?

*Edit: Just switched over to the 64bit trial edition, same issues. The trouble increases tenfold, when going to fullscreen mode. It runs completely out of sync even with footage as low as 640x480
    Last edited by Clearwine; 15-10-2008, 10:22 AM.

Originally posted by Clearwine View Post
    We're using the (32 bit so far) trial of PDP.

I'm facing some serious stuttering while playing back.....
    We have recently become aware of a similar issue with stuttering. Unfortunately we haven't been able to identify what exactly is causing it. Some times changing the frame rate or allowing/disallowing frames to be skipped (the middle option in the Information Bar - just over the playback buttons) fixes it but we are unable to determine when.You may also try changing the different Display Synchronization options or the size of the Pdplayer window.

Could you please tell us what is the resolution of your monitor because this sometimes also has effect on that issue.

Originally posted by Clearwine View Post
    graphics cars is a QuadroFX 1700 with the latest drivers.
    Pdplayer does not depend on the graphic card. You only need a good CPU and some RAM

Please keep us posted if you manage to identify what is causing the stuttering so that it could be fixed in a later build.

Regards

Jimmy

Comment

Working...
    X