Problem with Firewire output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Firewire output

I'm having trouble getting the Firewire output from PDPlayer to work. When I click the button it flashes on as I click it, but then deactivates immediately. Nothing happens on the monitor. The Firewire port is connected to a Canopus ADVC110, which again is connected to a JVC broadcast monitor. I'm trying to view this in PAL 720x576 anamorphic wide @ 25FPS

The Firewire output works fine from After Effects, Premiere and other applications.

Any ideas?
    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Hi,

What happens when you try to enable the Firewire output in NTSC mode, that is, with an 720x480 mask and a 29.97 frame rate?
    Peter Dimov
    Asynthetic
    www.pdplayer.com

Comment

I get the exact same result when I try this.

Comment

The reason I asked is that, while I don't have a Canopus ADVC, I do have a PYRO A/V link, and it works with NTSC, but (for some reason) not PAL. Maybe if I could convince the PYRO to output PAL, this would also work for the Canopus; I'll continue looking for a solution.

Camcorders are different since they usually can be configured to NTSC or PAL via a menu, but these devices don't.
        Peter Dimov
        Asynthetic
        www.pdplayer.com

Comment

Further investigation reveals that the Pyro only supports NTSC under After Effects as well. So I'm out of ideas.
          Peter Dimov
          Asynthetic
          www.pdplayer.com

Comment

For what it's worth, I finally got a Canopus ADVC 110 to try it with Pdplayer. It works (at least under the 32 bit version); I didn't need to do anything special, just set the jumpers to PAL and plug it in.
            Peter Dimov
            Asynthetic
            www.pdplayer.com

Comment

Originally posted by pdimov View Post
              For what it's worth, I finally got a Canopus ADVC 110 to try it with Pdplayer. It works (at least under the 32 bit version); I didn't need to do anything special, just set the jumpers to PAL and plug it in.
              I'll give it a try in the 32 bit version on monday. I have only tried it in the 64 bit version.

Comment

Working...
              X