Dual Monitor setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Monitor setup

I have a dual monitor setup with a regular LCD screen and an HD TV fed through a DVI-HDMI connector (showing 1080p).

We are looking at using PDPlayer for approval sessions during the render/compositing stage of our current animated feature film.

Is there a way to open the program/load the frames/control the playback from the main interface on my LCD screen whilst the playback actually happens at full resolution on the HDTV? (Something a bit like that blasted Quicktime abomination where you can choose the screen for full-playback)

If this is an option I will be extremely happy! If not, could it be suggested as a feature request?

Peter Spence
    VFX Supervisor
    Qvisten Animation

If it's not in there as standard, you could always stretch the program to cover both screens and just pan the viewport so the video is on the tv and fits it. Bit of a ghetto solution but it gets the job done.

I've not tried this myself but you could test it with the demo, see how obtrusive it is.

Comment

Originally posted by peter@qvisten.no View Post
      Is there a way to open the program/load the frames/control the playback from the main interface on my LCD screen whilst the playback actually happens at full resolution on the HDTV? (Something a bit like that blasted Quicktime abomination where you can choose the screen for full-playback)

If this is an option I will be extremely happy! If not, could it be suggested as a feature request?
      Hi,

This is not possible at present, but I've recorded it as a feature request and will let you know when it's implemented.
      Peter Dimov
      Asynthetic
      www.pdplayer.com

Comment

The new Pdplayer 1.0.3.8 can now use a secondary display as an external output device, much like the Quicktime abomination.
        Peter Dimov
        Asynthetic
        www.pdplayer.com

Comment

Originally posted by pdimov View Post
          The new Pdplayer 1.0.3.8 can now use a secondary display as an external output device, much like the Quicktime abomination.
          Hi.

How do we use this option?

Cheers
          Andrew

Comment

Hi Andrew,

You need a secondary monitor that is part of your Windows desktop ("Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" in Display Properties > Settings must be checked). Right-click on the external device button in Pdplayer (the rightmost blue button) and select "Secondary Display". Then click the button.

Hope this works for you,
            Peter Dimov
            Asynthetic
            www.pdplayer.com

Comment

...and keep main pdplayer UI on another monitor.

Comment

Fantastic. Thanks for your help.

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                X