Sequence syntax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sequence syntax

I'm writing an integration with Qube! where I use pdplayer to convert sequences to movies, then take that output and send it to shotgun. Using python callback.

1. I can only easily get the path to frames from Qube like this: D:\frames\seq.#.exr Pdplayer doesn't seem to interpret the hash properly, and it's much more complicated for me to give it the first frame.

2. Pdplayer has some issues finding negative frames. Is there a way to help it find those?

3. Is there a way to write to stdout? I'd like to see errors/warnings/output file names.

Thanks
    Zach

Hi Zach,

Can you please give me an example of how the file names look like?

# is interpreted as a single digit, so seq.#.exr will find seq.0.exr to seq.9.exr. If frames are of the form seq.0014.exr, you'll need to use seq.####.exr (or seq.%04d.exr). For non-zero-padded frames - seq.9.exr, seq.10.exr, ..., seq.123.exr you should be able to use seq.*.exr. It's possible to use seq.#.exr for those but only if you give a --range.

There is no way to write to stdout, sorry. The file names are visible on the layer though.
    Peter Dimov
    Asynthetic
    www.pdplayer.com

Comment

Those notes were very useful.

Would you consider a 'console' or 'debug' mode for a future release, where we could grab data? For example, the output file name.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X