Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• write command lines to stdIn

Hello,
    I was trying to send commandlines to pdPlayer from Pythons subprocess module using stdin.write(). Unfortunately it seems that i'm doing something wront or pdPlayer simply isn't reading stdin.
    I was wondering if is was possible to pass Command lines to a pdPlayer instance directly without startin a new instance using --attach. How does the new pdPlayer instance send the command line to the existing instance?

Thanks in advance,

Mitja

Originally posted by filmkorn View Post
    How does the new pdPlayer instance send the command line to the existing instance?
    Hi,

Pdplayer uses SendMessage with WM_COPYDATA to pass the (Unicode) command line to the existing window. Here's the relevant section of the code:

Code:
    static bool try_existing_window( std::wstring const & cmdline )
    {
    	wchar_t const * class_name = L"__pdplayer_main_class";

HWND hWnd = FindWindowW( class_name, 0 );

if( hWnd == 0 )
    	{
    		return false;
    	}
    	else
    	{
    		DWORD dwProcessId = 0;
    		GetWindowThreadProcessId( hWnd, &dwProcessId );

AllowSetForegroundWindow( dwProcessId );

COPYDATASTRUCT cds = { 0, static_cast< DWORD >( cmdline.size() * 2 ), const_cast< wchar_t * >( cmdline.data() ) };
    		SendMessage( hWnd, WM_COPYDATA, 0, (LPARAM)&cds );

return true;
    	}
    }
    Note that 'cmdline' contains the application name as its first argument, so it would typically be something like "pdplayer64.exe --attach --play_forward". If you just pass "--play_forward", it will be ignored as it will be assumed to be the application name (argv[0]).
    Peter Dimov
    Asynthetic
    www.pdplayer.com

Comment

Thank you Peter,

I got it working!

Cheerz,
      Mitja

Comment

Working...
      X