X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BUG] Path with more than 176 chars

Hi,

If i do this :
    C:\Program Files\Pdplayer 64\pdplayer64.exe" "\\EIGHT-JOB6\job6\FILMS\TATNLA~3\WORK\ASSETS\CHARAC~1\FLOC K_~1\3D\SETUPS\Maya\images\CH1E01~1\Ti\Character-flock_of_birds-Maya-scenes-Animation-default-V003_Timeline_persp.mov"
    It's work.

If i do this :
    C:\Program Files\Pdplayer 64\pdplayer64.exe" "\\EIGHT-JOB6\job6\FILMS\TATNLA~3\WORK\ASSETS\CHARAC~1\FLOC K_~1\3D\SETUPS\Maya\images\CH1E01~1\Ti\Character-flock_of_birds-Maya-scenes-Animation-default-V003_Timeline_perspU.mov"
    I doesn't work.

This is 176 characters.
    This is a bug ?

This is a big problem for the pipeline. We cannot found a solution and the last last solution would be to change the player..:/

Thank you,
    Damien
    www.deex.info

Ok i see what is wrong.

We give a short path (less than 256 char) :
    \\EIGHT-JOB6\job6\FILMS\TATNLA~3\WORK\ASSETS\CHARAC~1\FLOC K_~1\3D\SETUPS\Maya\images\CH1E01~1\Ti\Character-flock_of_birds-Maya-scenes-Animation-default-V003_Timeline_perspU.mov

But the long path is more than 256:
    \\EIGHT-JOB6\job6\FILMS\TATNLA_towns_150044\WORK\ASSETS\Ch aracter\flock_of_birds\3D\SETUPS\Maya\images\Chara cter-flock_of_birds-Maya-scenes-Animation-default-V003_1435120354\Ti\Character-flock_of_birds-Maya-scenes-Animation-default-V003_Timeline_perspU.mov

So, i give a short path, why do you use he long path and not the short path ?

Damien
    www.deex.info

Comment

Thank you very much for the feedback.
      We'll forward the case to our developers and we will let you know when we have some news about it.

Does it work fine if the path is shortened by map some of the folders as a mapped drive?
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
        Thank you very much for the feedback.
        We'll forward the case to our developers and we will let you know when we have some news about it.

Does it work fine if the path is shortened by map some of the folders as a mapped drive?
        If the long path is less than 256 characters, mapped drive or not he will work.
        But i give a short path (but the long path is more than 256) it doesn't work. It looks like PDPlayer ignore complexly the short path and use long path everywhere.
        www.deex.info

Comment

Ok, here the solution : add \\?\UNC\ before the UNC path.

Like :
          \\EIGHT-JOB6\job6\FILMS\TATNLA_towns_150044\WORK\ASSETS\Ch aracter\flock_of_birds\3D\SETUPS\Maya\images\Chara cter-flock_of_birds-Maya-scenes-Animation-default-V003_1435120354\Ti\Character-flock_of_birds-Maya-scenes-Animation-default-V003_Timeline_perspU.mov

Will be :
          \\?\UNC\EIGHT-JOB6\job6\FILMS\TATNLA_towns_150044\WORK\ASSETS\Ch aracter\flock_of_birds\3D\SETUPS\Maya\images\Chara cter-flock_of_birds-Maya-scenes-Animation-default-V003_1435120354\Ti\Character-flock_of_birds-Maya-scenes-Animation-default-V003_Timeline_perspU.mov

Limit of 32768 characters now
          www.deex.info

Comment

Thanks for the update.
            Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X