Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export foam as geometry

Hi there all,
    Since the Phoenix FD Foam shader can render the particles as geometry I was wondering if one can export that as geometry. So all those tiny spheres with the variation Phoenix generates. Tyflow doesn't work because somehow it doesn't take in account the size/age of particles.

I am asking because I want to try and change/make the shader a bit more specific. I'm interested in stills, so 1 frame not the whole simulation.

Thank you!

Hey,

It should be working fine with the latest tyFlow v0.16104. I'm attaching a sample flow that reads the data from the Phoenix simulator and creates tyflow particles.
    An important thing to note is that if you turn on the Scale checkbox in the Size operator it will override the size of the Phoenix particles.

As for the shading part, you can use a Phoenix particle texture to read the particle channels off the simulator and use the size, velocity or age of the particles for your custom shader.

If you have offset the tyflow particles away from the simulator and you wish to use them instead of the simulator for the shading, you will need to turn on the Particle interface checkbox in the tyFlow settings so that the Particle texture can pick up the tyFlow particles.
    Then in order to prevent a circular reference you will need to duplicate the tyFlow node (hide it so it won't render), and pick the tyFlow copy in the Phoenix Particle Texture.

Hope this helps!
    Attached Files
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

There's something, I don't understand/ I did like above, but in viewport it looks different.
      I just can't seem to trust myself
      So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
      ---------------------------------------------------------
      CG Artist

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Oblomov View Post
        There's something, I don't understand/ I did like above, but in viewport it looks different.
        You mean that you get different result in the render and in the viewport? What if you try with the latest tyFlow and the latest official V-Ray?
        Georgi Zhekov
        Phoenix Product Manager
        Chaos

Comment

Can you check if you don't accidentally have this below 100%?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_6.png
Views:	261
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1118660
          Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Working...
          X