Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export alembic

Hi there,
    i have to Export a Liquid Simulation included foam.
    wondering whats the best way for it.
    Its going into Cinema4d and Renderd with redshift i think.
    Is alembic the way, Even for foam particles?

thx and best regards
    jonas
    Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
    www.shack.de

Hey,

For renderers other than V-Ray, ABC sounds like the best option. Not sure if Redshift can import PRT caches which Phoenix can also export, or if it can read points from VDB files: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/.../Liquid+Export

Cheers!

Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

hey Svetlin, sorry i didn't answered.. totaly got out of my mind..
      For now it seems that i have to render the scene by myself. It's a 400 frames camera fly-over an ocean, and a short 40 frames simulation of an object falling into the Water at the end.
      the Pure Ocean Displaced by texture looking quite good, but how could i handle it that I'am only simulate the last 40 frames? for now the Ocean only comes visible as soon as i simulate the last frames.
      Do i have to handle it over cascade, one with pure ocean and the other with the simulated part?

Thanks and best regards Jonas
      Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
      www.shack.de

Comment

Ah, pure ocean will ignore the simulation shape and will not read the simulation caches at all.

Would it be easier if you enable Load Nearest If Missing? This way it should show the ocean in all frames of the pre-roll.

Comment

Yes!! thats it. Thanks mate!!
          Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
          www.shack.de

Comment

Woohoo! Cheers

Comment

Hey Svetlin, smt weird is going on here.. is the ocean generated even if its only visible in reflection? It llooks like only the part wich is in camera is only visible in reflection too? and somehow it seems like the ocean din't get the material in reflection too.. Only the simulated part seems right as you can see here.
              Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
              www.shack.de

Comment

Hey,

The ocean is indeed generated only in the camera view. In order to expand it you can use the Offscreen Margin option. You can find more about it here - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...endering-Ocean

Cheers!
                Georgi Zhekov
                Phoenix Product Manager
                Chaos

Comment

i see. Thnx. Seems to overkill my workstation though.. i wan't come even close to the area i need. I'll see how i can split the rendering maybe.

thanks again for your help
                  Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
                  www.shack.de

Comment

Working...
                  X