X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landing Spaceship Ground Dust

Dear Community,

maybe someone can point me in the desired direction:

I did the Redefine FX Tutorial to the Space Ship Wave and tried changed the approach into a landing scene, where my ship (a simple BOX) is landing (simply downwards on Z Axis) on the ground.

In the tutorial shown by redefine FX paid Courses we emitt the smoke from beginning and its always visible.

I wonder as a beginner how i can achieve that the smoke/Dust on the Ground only shows/or discharges when my Ship ( a simple Box for testing) is near a certain distance to the ground area and not all the time.
    Is there a tutorial or any link you can provide for me to learn what i am looking for?

In General: is there a method i missed where an Object forces any other emitter to discharge at a certain distance/or whatever needed?

Like if an helicopter is landing ground dust happens at a certain level of height etc..
    In the Redefine FX Tutorials are nice helping methods but all of the ground dust ones use dust thats visible from the beginning.

Please help me with a scene, or link or any other input for this or maybe i missed another Thread here...

regards
    Rene

Hey, check this out - https://youtu.be/mGAyh3uR89U?t=1509

Hope this helps
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Very Helpful- i tried the distance tex as well and it also works great. Thank you a lot. That was very very helpful to understand how the methods work for such scenes!

Comment

Working...
      X